So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Old January 10th 05, 04:23 PM

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

Or worse yet, drive behind you for a week.

Old January 10th 05, 04:25 PM

> > Most of the people in prison never killed anyone. Half of them are
> drug
> > users whose "crime" didn't even have the possibility of killing

> anyone.
>
> So you admit your proposition makes no sense? Most speeders haven't
> killed anyone either. Therefore it is ridiculous to suggest more than
> whatever minimal fine there is.

I think the convoluted "logic" Laura is using is that it's perfectly OK
to put people in prison who haven't harmed others.

Old January 10th 05, 04:25 PM

Old January 10th 05, 04:27 PM

wrote:
> > Collision at 75 vs. 55 mph has alot more energy behind it= a

higher risk
> > of injury/death. Much higher.

> Only IN a crash. However, the higher speed limit when more appropiate

for
> the road will PREVENT the crashes in the first place. I'd rather not
> crash at 100mph than crash at 40mph. How about you?
>
> > Speeding should be cracked down on. Most people are not that

great
> > drivers, and almost half of them are driving vehicles that are

prone to poor
> > breaking and poor traction on pavement- SUV's and trucks.

> Dumbing things down is why they are bad drivers. Demand competence
> instead of lowering the bar for incompetence. By lowering the bar,
> incompetence is promoted and flurishes.

You see this commericial for one of the insurance companies? Shows the
16 year old new driver trying to part in a lot, smashes into the
taillight as she's trying to pull in, then she backs out, smashes into
the car behind her.

They turned it into a ****ing joke.

Old January 10th 05, 04:27 PM

Old January 10th 05, 04:29 PM

> By LBMHB's definitions, LBMHB is a murderer also. And the worst kind
of
> killer too, speeding through neighborhoods and school zones where
> children are likely to be in close proximity to the road...
>
> --
> Paul
>
> "> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?
>
> Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
> years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth

in
> cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
> stretch could be 25, i thought."

C'mon Paul, why do you think this tool proposed in the original message
of this thread that people going *20* over should do hard time? She
didn't say 16 MPH over, did she?!?!! She's the hypocrite of all
hypocrites.

Old January 10th 05, 04:29 PM

Old January 10th 05, 06:15 PM
Matthew Russotto

:

>> Technically, the Constitution would have to be amended to remove the
>> proscription against cruel and unusual punishment, but we don't seem
>> to be paying much attention to that anyway.
>>
>> Bill Smith

>People have redefined "cruel and unusual punishment" far from what it used
>to be. Due to our "politically correct" drift.
>
>Look at other countries and you will see what "cruel and unusual" truly is.

US prisons are already cruel, but it's largely due to the other
inmates rather than the prison officials. That is, doing even a short
sentence in a maximum security prison is a sentence of torture, rape,
and quite possibly death for someone who isn't in damn good shape.
Old January 10th 05, 06:15 PM
Matthew Russotto

: