WA - 1st Speeding Ticket - HELP!!

Old December 6th 04, 07:26 PM
redindian

Default WA - 1st Speeding Ticket - HELP!!

I got a '60zone - going 75+ (82)' in StateHighway 12 Grey Harbor county
in Washington State.

Its 100 miles away from where I live (Seattle). I would like to fight
the ticket, but to drive 100miles to do that is discouraging. I would
like to know, under the cicumstances, what are the options ?

I have a clean record till now, I would like to keep it that way - I
speed, I do it responsibly within limits (usually 80mph) I drive a 325
BMW, and its a pretty good handling car at higher speeds.

1) Can I admit guilt and go to traffic school ? - do I have to appear
in court for that ?

2) Can I admit guilt and ask for probation(1 year with no ticket) ? -
do I have to appear in court for that ?

3) Can I fight ticket remotely ? over phone ? or mail ?

4) WHEN will the ticket get into my record ? Now ? After I admit guilt
? or if I fight after the judgement ?

5) Hear this out, dont laugh --- The ticket is for $142, if I send
$150 and when the court sends back $8, I dont cash it. I heard the
court books must be balanced before ticket goes into my record ? So
with $8 pending they hold off.?

6) Another sneaky one, My Insurance company has my old driver licence
from CA (expired 1 month back). I switched it to WA last month. But
they donno it yet. Should I just play mum, as the ticket is given for
WA lic#. Yeah, eventually they will come to know or ask for updated one
- this just extends the inevitable...

already a week has passed, and I need to make a descision - please give
some suggestions...

thanks!!

Old December 6th 04, 09:39 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

redindian wrote:

> please give
> some suggestions...

My suggestion is you learn how newsreaders post, and don't repost the
same thing over and over and over and over just because it didn't appear
ten second after the first attempt.

Just my suggestion.

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Old December 6th 04, 09:39 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

Old December 6th 04, 10:16 PM
Arif Khokar

The Lindbergh Baby wrote:

> My suggestion is you learn how newsreaders post, and don't repost the
> same thing over and over and over and over just because it didn't appear
> ten second after the first attempt.

That reminds me. For some reason, my post from 12/2 did not appear
right away in the "***HELP*** Got Ticketed..." thread. After not seeing
my post the next day, I decided to post the same thing again (12/3).
Both posts finally showed up today within 5 minutes of each other.

The strange thing is that all other posts I made on 12/2 and 12/3 came
through as usual. Also, the timestamp is the same on all three news
servers I have access to as well as Google groups.
Old December 6th 04, 10:16 PM
Arif Khokar

Old December 6th 04, 11:53 PM
redindian

well , thanks for the suggestion. I am well aware of how it works.

Google groups gave me an error message after the post and informed me
it has 'failed'...twice. When I went back and saw duplicate posts I
deleted/retracted the repeat posts....

Old December 6th 04, 11:54 PM
redindian

well , thanks for the suggestion. I am well aware of how it works.

Google groups gave me an error message:
"We were unable to post your message Temporary error communicating with
usenet. (Article not posted.) If you believe this is an error, please
mail ."

Old December 7th 04, 12:02 AM
Bernard Farquart

"redindian" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> well , thanks for the suggestion. I am well aware of how it works.
>
> Google groups gave me an error message:
> "We were unable to post your message Temporary error communicating with
> usenet. (Article not posted.) If you believe this is an error, please
> mail ."
>
> after the post and informed me it has 'failed'...twice. When I went
> back and saw duplicate posts I deleted/retracted the repeat posts....

The fact that you posted *twice* that you know how to post
correctly, is just too hilarious, don't ya think.