C-4 security light ?

Old July 14th 05, 06:02 PM
'Key

Default C-4 security light ?

my 84 / c4's security light stays on all the time.
car starts and runs fine though.
can someone tell the what type security this car is suppose
to have?
I can't seem to find that it has a security system at all.

thanks in advance for any info
--
"Key"

Old July 14th 05, 08:08 PM
Greg

Keyman, check the hatch and door switches. if you need me to send you
a wiring diagram i will. Greg

Old July 14th 05, 09:27 PM
\Key

"Greg" > wrote in message
> Keyman, check the hatch and door switches. if you need me
> to send you
> a wiring diagram i will. Greg

ok Greg
I will try and check them when I get it out of the shop.
I really don't know enough to deal with a wiring diagram.

do you know if this car has a security system?
most security lights I have seen have to do with a security
system.
just don't want that sucker to shut down on me one day at an
inappropriate time...

thanks
--
"Key"

Old July 14th 05, 09:38 PM
Charlie

Yes it has a security system. Usually it takes turning the key in the
drivers side lock to disengage it. And it can leave you stranded if you
don't watch out. I had an 84 before my 93.
--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible

""Key" > wrote in message
.. .

Old July 14th 05, 09:54 PM
Greg

i do not think that it has a full vats system, (does the ignition key
have a resistor pellet in it?) but it does have a factory installed
anti theft systems. i printed up the first page of the wiring diagram
for it and it does have a starter interlock and what they are calling
a theft deterrent module. check the fuse for this.
if it is not a vats and you system is getting power and ground your
problem is PROBABLY is the module if all of the switches are in
working order. it looks like it also goes to the clutch switch also.
let me know if you need more info. Greg
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:27:29 GMT, "\"Key" > wrote:

.. .

Old July 15th 05, 03:22 AM
\Key

Thanks for the info Charlie.
Could you please tell me what I need NOT do?
So I may guard against getting stranded.
What do I need to do if it happens?
Will the key in the door deactivate the system that has just
stranded me?
Sorry, for so many questions but I really need to know.
I have no manual explain this.

Thanks
--
"Key"

.. .

Old July 15th 05, 03:37 AM
\Key

"Greg" > wrote in message
>i do not think that it has a full vats system, (does the
>ignition key
> have a resistor pellet in it?) but it does have a
> factory installed
> anti theft systems. i printed up the first page of the
> wiring diagram
> for it and it does have a starter interlock and what they
> are calling
> a theft deterrent module. check the fuse for this.
> if it is not a vats and you system is getting power and
> ground your
> problem is PROBABLY is the module if all of the switches
> are in
> working order. it looks like it also goes to the clutch
> switch also.
> let me know if you need more info. Greg

No vatts in early c-4's.
It probably has a factory installed anti theft system.
This happened when I first got the car. Had to have it towed
to the shop because all I knew was that it wouldn't start. I
tried the key in the door but still nothing.
My mechanis did something?
I think he mentioned something about a "starter interlock"
I don't believe he replaced anything.
The car starts fine now but that "security light" stays on.
Wouldn't think that the module is not bad because it works
fine now except for that darn light :-)
I --- don't --- know :-)
I will take your advice and check the fuse and the switches.

--
"Key"

> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:27:29 GMT, "\"Key" >
> wrote:

. ..

Old July 15th 05, 04:31 AM
Charlie

I got stranded once, it took me taking the cable off the battery and then
re-installing them to reset it. My problem ended up being the key itself.
--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible

""Key" > wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for the info Charlie.
Could you please tell me what I need NOT do?
So I may guard against getting stranded.
What do I need to do if it happens?
Will the key in the door deactivate the system that has just
stranded me?
Sorry, for so many questions but I really need to know.
I have no manual explain this.

Thanks
--
"Key"

.. .

Old July 15th 05, 07:08 AM
\Key

"Charlie" > wrote in message
.. .
>I got stranded once, it took me taking the cable off the
>battery and then re-installing them to reset it.

ok, thanks
that answers my question.

> My problem ended up being the key itself.
> --
> Charlie
> !993 Corvette Convertible

Was that on an 84?
The key and the key ignition is nothing special.
How would that make a difference?
I am a retired owner of a 23+ year Locksmith business,
This makes me question how.
--
"Key"

Old July 15th 05, 02:30 PM
Charlie

It was real worn, I had to get one cut by the code.

--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible

""Key" > wrote in message \

Was that on an 84?
The key and the key ignition is nothing special.
How would that make a difference?
I am a retired owner of a 23+ year Locksmith business,
This makes me question how.
--
"Key"

The increasing stress of driving Alexander Rogge Driving 17 July 14th 05 05:48 AM
Airport security confiscates flier's car key as 'prohibited item' Fly Guy Audi 15 July 5th 05 07:25 PM
Poorly setup stop light Paul Driving 7 May 19th 05 10:25 PM
Security Light On Z.Z. Technology 4 April 8th 05 07:36 PM
2001 Civic EX check engine light [email protected] Honda 0 March 6th 05 08:35 AM