music components in accord 06

Old February 15th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default music components in accord 06

Hi All:

I've asked the dealer that I'm getting my 06 Accord LX-V6 from to
install these optional Honda music accessories:

IPod Music Link
MP3/WMA Player
Trunk Mount CD 8 disc Changer
XM Radio.

And of course, the car comes standard with the AM/FM 6 disc in dash
changer.

The dealer has said his tech will just have to see if all of these can
be connected thru the audio system as he installs them. I think it
should work by using a couple of the 2 port bus cables that are listed
at www.handaaccessories.com

I think even a cassette player could be installed if there were the
physical room for it. Between the accessories of MP3 Player, XM
Radio, and cassette player, you can only pick 2 because of the space
available. Not that I need a cassette player!

Should the above four accessories all be installable together?

Drew

Old February 16th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

In article >,
Drew > wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> I've asked the dealer that I'm getting my 06 Accord LX-V6 from to
> install these optional Honda music accessories:
>
> IPod Music Link
> MP3/WMA Player
> Trunk Mount CD 8 disc Changer
> XM Radio.
>
> And of course, the car comes standard with the AM/FM 6 disc in dash
> changer.
>
> The dealer has said his tech will just have to see if all of these can
> be connected thru the audio system as he installs them. I think it
> should work by using a couple of the 2 port bus cables that are listed
> at www.handaaccessories.com
>
> I think even a cassette player could be installed if there were the
> physical room for it. Between the accessories of MP3 Player, XM
> Radio, and cassette player, you can only pick 2 because of the space
> available. Not that I need a cassette player!
>
> Should the above four accessories all be installable together?
>
> Drew

Have you tried the factory stereo system yet? I think you'll find it
unworthy of those options. It's built like a toy. The non-navi system
is about 16W RMS x 4. The speakers are single-element polypropylene
with fabric surrounds. You can literally crush the rear 6x9 speakers
into a wad of metal and plastic foils using your bare hands.
Old February 16th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article >,
> Drew > wrote:
>
>> I've asked the dealer that I'm getting my 06 Accord LX-V6 from to
>> install these optional Honda music accessories:
>>
>> IPod Music Link
>> MP3/WMA Player
>> Trunk Mount CD 8 disc Changer
>> XM Radio.

> I've never understood trunk-mounted disc changers, and with both XM
> Radio and iPod Music Link, in addition to the in-dash 6 disc changer, I
> *really* don't understand the trunk-mounted changer.
>
> What in the world do you need it for?

IMO, they became moot the day that factory mp3 cd players came on the
market.
Old February 16th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In article >,
> SoCalMike > wrote:
>
>>> I've never understood trunk-mounted disc changers, and with both XM
>>> Radio and iPod Music Link, in addition to the in-dash 6 disc changer, I
>>> *really* don't understand the trunk-mounted changer.
>>>
>>> What in the world do you need it for?
>>>

>> IMO, they became moot the day that factory mp3 cd players came on the
>> market.

> Pretty much. I can make three CDs with my entire collection, or I can
> put 6 store-bought CDs in at a time. And usually, that means I use
> those 6 CDs for the next two years, because it's inconvenient to swap
> CDs between the house and the car.
>
> I never got trunk-mounted (read: inconvenient as hell) changers, and as
> you say now I REALLY don't get them.

i put a blaupunkt 10 disc changer in my civic in early '99. MP3 files
werent really popular then, but im glad i did it. i make maybe 10 new
compilation CDs every 6 mos or so and leave em in there.

now a 10 disc mp3 changer? thats about 1200 songs. nice!