Daimler Chrysler-Jeep employee buyout??

Old November 13th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
FERRANTE

Default Daimler Chrysler-Jeep employee buyout??

A friend of mine worked at the Toledo, Ohio DC Jeep plant. Many have
been laid off with no hope of being called back. Many employees with
lots of years of service are getting big buyout monies. He has only
been employed by them for a little over a year. He thinks he will be
offered a buyout, but will he? With so little time in, wouldn't they
just let him remain laid off and never call him back? I wonder if
there is a certain amount of time that can pass and the company no
longer has to rehire them or call them back?

Your thoughts?
Anthony
Old November 13th 08, 06:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Lloyd[_2_]

On Nov 12, 7:56*pm, FERRANTE > wrote:
> A friend of mine worked at the Toledo, Ohio DC Jeep plant. Many have
> been laid off with no hope of being called back. Many employees with
> lots of years of service are getting big buyout monies. He has only
> been employed by them for a little over a year. He thinks he will be
> offered a buyout, but will he? With so little time in, wouldn't they
> just let him remain laid off and never call him back? I wonder if
> there is a certain amount of time that can pass and the company no
> longer has to rehire them or call them back?
>
> Your thoughts?
> Anthony

When I saw your heading, I thought the employees were trying to buy
Chrysler. Now I see it's not what you mean, but why don't they? Why
not have a company owned by the employees? Some airline did this
years ago.
Old November 13th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

Lloyd > writes:

> When I saw your heading, I thought the employees were trying to buy
> Chrysler. Now I see it's not what you mean, but why don't they? Why
> not have a company owned by the employees? Some airline did this
> years ago.

I wonder if anybody is considering this -- the current Harley Davidson
renaissance started with an employee (maybe just management?)
purchase. No idea what $7B comes to per employee.
Old November 14th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Lloyd[_2_]

On Nov 13, 2:13*pm, Joe Pfeiffer > wrote:
> Lloyd > writes:
>
> > When I saw your heading, I thought the employees were trying to buy
> > Chrysler. *Now I see it's not what you mean, but why don't they? *Why
> > not have a company owned by the employees? *Some airline did this
> > years ago.

> I wonder if anybody is considering this -- the current Harley Davidson
> renaissance started with an employee (maybe just management?)
> purchase. *No idea what $7B comes to per employee.

I've got a hunch Ceberus would sell it for a whole lot less.