Duramax Engine Failure - Engine Filled With Deisel due to fuel injector failure = SPUN BEARING

Old October 19th 06, 11:19 PM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Steve B[_1_]

Default Duramax Engine Failure - Engine Filled With Deisel due to fuel injector failure = SPUN BEARING

"William Boyd" > wrote

> I am beginning to appreciate my decision to get the Cumins engine because
> of the proven history
> over the no history of the Duromax.
>
> --
>

> BILL P.
> Just
> Me
> &
> DOG

My interest is now piqued. I know that the Cummings engine is a variant of
the Cummins. DUH!

But now, is the Cumins yet another variation?

Steve ;-)

Old October 19th 06, 11:27 PM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Rick Onanian

Steve B wrote:
> My interest is now piqued. I know that the Cummings engine is a variant of
> the Cummins. DUH!
>
> But now, is the Cumins yet another variation?

The Cumin is. It's made to run on biodiesel -- and not just any
biodiesel, but specifically refined from this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumin
Old October 20th 06, 12:04 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
William Boyd

Steve B wrote:

>"William Boyd" > wrote
>

>>I am beginning to appreciate my decision to get the Cumins engine because
>>of the proven history
>>over the no history of the Duromax.
>>
>>--
>>

>>BILL P.
>>Just
>>Me
>>&
>>DOG
>>

>My interest is now piqued. I know that the Cummings engine is a variant of
>the Cummins. DUH!
>
>But now, is the Cumins yet another variation?
>
>Steve ;-)

Yes it is actually a Cumins diesel, but unfortunately not the Cummins
that is in the Dodge. I have no idea why they
spell it differently.
http://jialian.en.alibaba.com/produc...enerators.html

--

BILL P.
Just
Old October 20th 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Steve B[_1_]

"Rick Onanian" > wrote in message
> Steve B wrote:
>> My interest is now piqued. I know that the Cummings engine is a variant
>> of the Cummins. DUH!
>>
>> But now, is the Cumins yet another variation?

> The Cumin is. It's made to run on biodiesel -- and not just any biodiesel,
> but specifically refined from this:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumin

Wouldn't that make it smell like tamales instead of fried chicken and French
fries?

Steve

Old October 20th 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Steve B[_1_]

"William Boyd" > wrote in message
> Steve B wrote:
>
>>"William Boyd" > wrote
>>

>>>I am beginning to appreciate my decision to get the Cumins engine because
>>>of the proven history
>>>over the no history of the Duromax.
>>>
>>>--
>>>

>>>BILL P.
>>>Just
>>>Me
>>>&
>>>DOG
>>>

>>My interest is now piqued. I know that the Cummings engine is a variant
>>of the Cummins. DUH!
>>
>>But now, is the Cumins yet another variation?
>>
>>Steve ;-)
>>

> Yes it is actually a Cumins diesel, but unfortunately not the Cummins that
> is in the Dodge. I have no idea why they
> spell it differently.
> http://jialian.en.alibaba.com/produc...enerators.html
>
> --
>

> BILL P.
> Just
> Me
> &
> DOG

Just wondering. We have so many flippin morons around here insistent on
correct spelling and grammar.

Then they post stupid things in they're own posts!

Go figger. ;-)

Steve

Old October 20th 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Rick Onanian

Steve B wrote:
> Just wondering. We have so many flippin morons around here insistent on
> correct spelling and grammar.
>
> Then they post stupid things in they're own posts!
>
> Go figger. ;-)

You're bitching about grammar...and you write "they're own posts"?
Old October 20th 06, 01:25 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Whitelightning

"none2u" > wrote in message
> If I was in this boat, with the loan and apparently needing a truck now...
> I,d replace the crank bearings, or rod bearings , the injector or

injectors
> which failed. The oil pump. Hopefully everything through the oil pan.
> Whatever is necessary to get it to run right,for at least a month. Change
> the oil. Find a truck to buy. Detail the truck. Drive straight to the
> dealer and trade it in. I have to believe a 2001 gmc duramax trade in is
> more then 10 grand he owes. Don't know what the parts cost , but if I

could
> get into another vehicle for a few grand out of pocket,in bearings ,
> injectors and an oil pump. and the trade in is above the loan. I,d be
> real happy.

so you think its ok to stuff someone else?

Whitelightning

Old October 20th 06, 02:40 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Steve B[_1_]

> Steve B wrote:
>> Just wondering. We have so many flippin morons around here insistent on
>> correct spelling and grammar.
>>
>> Then they post stupid things in they're own posts!
>>
>> Go figger. ;-)

> You're bitching about grammar...and you write "they're own posts"?

Apparently you're humor impaired.

Did you not see the ;-) at the end of the post?

If I ever get your/you're and their/they're confused, you have permission to
immediately shoot me.

Steve

Old October 20th 06, 03:28 AM posted to alt.trucks.chevy,rec.autos.4x4,rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Molesworth

In article <84UZg.401$uF.120@dukeread12>,
Rick Onanian > wrote:

> Steve B wrote:
> > Just wondering. We have so many flippin morons around here insistent on
> > correct spelling and grammar.
> >
> > Then they post stupid things in they're own posts!
> >
> > Go figger. ;-)

> You're bitching about grammar...and you write "they're own posts"?

Reminds me of a NG flame war when I posted:

'Your talking ********'

to be met by the reply:

'Yes, and now I'm teaching them to sing'

I don't fall for that one again!

Molesworth
Old October 20th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
[email protected]

Cummins must be what they use in the Big Rigs and cummings must be in
the little trucks. Hmmm now that makes sense.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:19:53 -0700, "Steve B"