Chipped 300C windshield

Old September 11th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

Default Chipped 300C windshield

Where are the rain sensors in the 300C? I got a chip in my windshield
yesterday so I probably have to have it replaced. With previous cars I
just called a glass service who came to the house and did it in the
driveway, but those cars didn't have rain sensors. Are the 300's sensors
in the glass? Do I need to have this done by the dealer?

Old September 11th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Art[_1_]

By the way, most insurance covers glass with no deductible and usually no
effect on rates. If the chip is small you might consider getting it fixed
instead of replaced.

news

Old September 11th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:55:22 +0000, Art wrote:

> By the way, most insurance covers glass with no deductible and usually no
> effect on rates. If the chip is small you might consider getting it fixed
> instead of replaced.
>

> "General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message
> news
>> Where are the rain sensors in the 300C? I got a chip in my windshield
>> yesterday so I probably have to have it replaced. With previous cars I
>> just called a glass service who came to the house and did it in the
>> driveway, but those cars didn't have rain sensors. Are the 300's sensors
>> in the glass? Do I need to have this done by the dealer?

I'm aware that replacing the glass is covered by insurance. My question
has to do with the rain sensors. If they are part of the windshield then
having a glass service do the replacement risks having them screw up the
rain sensors.

Old September 12th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

check here.. these guys seem to know much..

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/300c-discussion/

Old September 12th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message
news
> Where are the rain sensors in the 300C? I got a chip in my windshield
> yesterday so I probably have to have it replaced. With previous cars I
> just called a glass service who came to the house and did it in the
> driveway, but those cars didn't have rain sensors. Are the 300's sensors
> in the glass? Do I need to have this done by the dealer?

The rain sensor is located on the inside of the windshield, just below the
rear view mirror mounting button.The sensor module does not have to be
removed/disconnected when the windshield is replaced.

Glenn Beasley

Chrysler Tech

The 300C Touring could be a hit in the UK - with diesel engine Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 3 June 15th 06 09:05 PM
Windshield Repair Elle Honda 10 October 7th 05 09:31 PM
RARE CHRYSLER 300C CONCEPT WORLD DEBUT PRESS KIT 2003 Mr. Mom Chrysler 0 April 26th 05 04:22 PM
'94 SL2 Windshield... Scott MacIntyre Saturn 0 November 29th 04 08:29 PM
300C Production in Europe----kind of long [email protected] Chrysler 0 October 31st 04 07:00 PM