A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Old September 8th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default A Never-Ending Supply of MFFY

Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>
> Well, today I saw a MFFY who parked IN THE STREET while she
> went over to the permit vending machine, completely ignoring the
> (empty) turnout. The street was striped with a double-yellow center
> line, so it would have been illegal to pass this MFFY's car.

When did you begin caring about what is and what is not legal...?!

> I'm afraid I must once again disappoint Ed White and all the other
> JLEDIs in this group and report that I immediately nipped into the
> turnout and used it to pass the MFFY **** who was blocking the street.

So you weren't delayed, but still have a complaint.

IME these campus parking permit dispensers are not situated adjacent to
a public street but well into parking area entrances. It is also my
experience that they take but a scant few seconds to operate.

An alternative view might be that your MFFY arrived at the turnout
alone and since its operation takes a very short time and there were no
other vehicles in view it would be fine to stop there. She might have
determined her transaction would not exceed the time it would take
another vehicle to approach (except yours, of course) and left the
turnout for them because she would be leaving immediately and first.

> Go ahead, guys - tell me what a MFFY I am for refusing to just sit
> there and wait.

I'd like to see some video or a picture and hear why you didn't need to
stop there for a parking permit. I don't recall you mentioning that
you attend or teach college.

I don't think you needed to wait but my wag is that she was getting in
her car as you went around and that's why you passed on the R.

It seems ironic that your encounters with MFFY's always seem to include
a driver to your front who arrived before you to begin with, while
presumably operating at a lower velocity to get there, and your
struggles to be first, ahead of them.

IMO you seem entirely too impatient. I think your driving experiences
are made miserable mostly by your own never waning sense of haste.
-----

- gpsman