rear disc brakes

Old March 2nd 05, 05:06 AM
Ben Boyle

Default rear disc brakes

I've been considering getting rear discs to go with the front discs I already have. Anybody have any good experiences
with any particular kit that KEEPS the e-brake? This is for a '74 so IRS and 4 lug wheels.

Also John @aircooled.net been trying to get a response for over a week about a question about your kit. Maybe my e-mail
isn't playing along with you so if you read this I want to know if your kit with the one piece rotors preserves the
e-brake.

Old March 2nd 05, 01:10 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Ben Boyle" > wrote in message
> I've been considering getting rear discs to go with the front discs I

already have. Anybody have any good experiences
> with any particular kit that KEEPS the e-brake? This is for a '74 so IRS

and 4 lug wheels.

> Also John @aircooled.net been trying to get a response for over a week

about a question about your kit. Maybe my e-mail
> isn't playing along with you so if you read this I want to know if your

kit with the one piece rotors preserves the
> e-brake.

i have four wheel disc brakes on my 68(69 pan four lug "IRS") and love
them...the difference between rear drums and rear discs are nowhere near as
great as when you do the front, but the need for brake adjustments no longer
exists.....that is definitely a plus to me....i used CB performance
"ROTOhubs" due to their good review by others, including one on our group

Old March 2nd 05, 02:32 PM
John Connolly

I have not gotten your e-mails Ben; I get hundreds a day, I suspect the
problem is at your end.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

--
Please allow up to 48 hours for a representative of Aircooled.Net to respond
to your email inquiry. If you have not received a response in over 72 hours

Old March 2nd 05, 02:48 PM
Ben Boyle

Well now that I have your attention, I'm wondering if the "IRS, 4 Lug VW Wheel Pattern, One Piece rotor" kit preserves
the E-brake? Also, are the pads something that I can be reasonably sure will be available in the future?
Thanks.

Old March 2nd 05, 04:32 PM
John Connolly

all our rear disc kits retain the e-brake, except for the Jamar Sandrail
disc kits.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Old March 2nd 05, 08:14 PM
Ben Boyle

Ok, thanks for the response. I'll be ordering them sometime in the next couple weeks.