69 mudflaps?

Old January 24th 05, 06:03 PM

Default 69 mudflaps?

does anyone have rear mudflaps on thier classic car? they dont seem to
sell them anywhere. i wanna protect my new paint job but dont know if
im just worrying to much or what.

Old January 24th 05, 06:28 PM
CobraJet

In article .com>,
> wrote:

> does anyone have rear mudflaps on thier classic car? they dont seem to
> sell them anywhere. i wanna protect my new paint job but dont know if
> im just worrying to much or what.

D'joo try J.C. Whitney?

--
CobraJet
Thunder Snake #1
Old January 24th 05, 06:57 PM
Backyard Mechanic

CobraJet opined in :

> In article .com>,
> > wrote:
>
>> does anyone have rear mudflaps on thier classic car? they dont seem to
>> sell them anywhere. i wanna protect my new paint job but dont know if
>> im just worrying to much or what.
>>

> D'joo try J.C. Whitney?

Umm..I know they sell those blue-jewel Taillight lenses..

check into the fake wool steering wheel covers while yer there.

Old January 24th 05, 07:25 PM
Mark C.

Mudflaps? No way! You wouldn't happen to have a mullet, would you? Hehe.
Actually, if you want to protect your car I heard of a company that makes
clear plastic film that can cover areas prone to rock chips. It won't harm
your paint and removes easily. Do a Google search. Mud Flaps are ugly and
have joined mullets, bell bottoms and disco in 'out of style' purgatory.

--
Mark C. Jack of all trades, master of none. (well, maybe a couple)

Old January 24th 05, 08:44 PM
SVTKate

"Mark C." > wrote in message
| Mudflaps? No way! You wouldn't happen to have a mullet, would you? Hehe.
| Actually, if you want to protect your car I heard of a company that makes
| clear plastic film that can cover areas prone to rock chips. It won't harm
| your paint and removes easily. Do a Google search. Mud Flaps are ugly and
| have joined mullets, bell bottoms and disco in 'out of style' purgatory.

Which would ALL be about period correct on a 60's Mustang.....except maybe
the Mullet.

Old January 24th 05, 08:56 PM
Backyard Mechanic

SVTKate opined

> Which would ALL be about period correct on a 60's Mustang.....except maybe
> the Mullet.

Sorry, Kate.... they are only period correct on the cars owned by those who
would LATER wear mullets.. or whose kids would.

I'm of that generation ... and would never use any of them. ...ESPECIALLY
mudflaps or blue-dots!

I ALSO never wore a "ducktail" hairdo or a motorcycle jacket.

I DID once have my hair down past my shoulders but that's a different
story....

Old January 25th 05, 12:59 AM
Spike

Hey hey hey!!!! Watchit with the put downs on bell bottoms and disco
shoes...... LOL : ) Fashions come and go, and come back again....
Save those old clothes... DISCO SHALL RISE AGAIN!!! Oh, wait! That was
Confederate money we were supposed to save..... : )

Seriously, bell bottoms in the 60s, with Pilgrim square toed buckled
shoes, and paisley shirts and Nehru jackets..... Or white denims,
button down collar shirts with "fruit loops', Beatle boots, and your
belt buckle offset to the side.... and madras with dyes that bled all
over everything .....

Take a look in the old clothing stores and swap meets and see what
kind of prices those things go for today.... Used jeans for over $100
a pair? Used tenny runners... $500 a pair....

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:25:35 -0800, "Mark C."
> wrote:

>Mudflaps? No way! You wouldn't happen to have a mullet, would you? Hehe.
>Actually, if you want to protect your car I heard of a company that makes
>clear plastic film that can cover areas prone to rock chips. It won't harm
>your paint and removes easily. Do a Google search. Mud Flaps are ugly and
>have joined mullets, bell bottoms and disco in 'out of style' purgatory.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16