Buying an s4 b5 headlight housings for a 1997 a4 b5 1.8t

Old September 14th 04, 02:23 PM

Default Buying an s4 b5 headlight housings for a 1997 a4 b5 1.8t

hi there - i saw a guy posting an audi s4 hid headlight housings for sale. i
have pictures of it - can anyone tell me if there is something wrong with
these lights? they seem to have wierd blobs of plastic on the back. also the
guy never even installed them - said he bought them and decided he dint want
them. so i have no way of knowin if they even work with my car. currently i
use the crappy halogen 2 piece lights and was looking at getting this
housings and adding the ballast stuff later.

Old September 14th 04, 03:28 PM
Pete

"G" > wrote in message
> hi there - i saw a guy posting an audi s4 hid headlight housings for

sale. i
> have pictures of it - can anyone tell me if there is something wrong

with
> these lights?

It looks like someone did a clear-corner mod on these headlights, i.e.
removed the orange plastic from the blinker area. To do this, they had to
drill holes in the housings, so those "blobs" that you see are most likely
covering up the holes that had to be drilled.

You do realize that you'll have to modify your bumper to fit 1-piece
housings, i.e. cutting out a piece that is currently between the 2-piece
housings in your '97 A4.

The one thing that I'd be concerned about is that the black plastic on
the corners seems loose - it looks bent away from the white plastic, like
in this pictu
http://images6.fotki.com/v104/photos...1010023-vi.jpg

That said, I can't remember if it is flexible enough to be bent back
where it needs to be.

Cheers,

Pete

Old September 14th 04, 04:08 PM

pete - thanx for the input. i had a feeling thats what was done since im
pretty sure s4's have yellow sides on the lights. the ironic thing is id
defnitely have preferred it with the yellow. oh well.

yeah - i know about the cutting. i just really dislike how cheap my current
headlight setup looks. and when u put it next to a chipped bumper and no
foglamps it looks quite average.

hopefully what you said about the bent plastic isnt too much of an issue -
altho im sure id be able to somehow heat it up and put it back into place.

cheers

Old September 14th 04, 06:53 PM
ronny

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "G" > wrote in message
> > hi there - i saw a guy posting an audi s4 hid headlight housings for

> sale. i
> > have pictures of it - can anyone tell me if there is something wrong

> with
> > these lights?

> It looks like someone did a clear-corner mod on these headlights, i.e.
> removed the orange plastic from the blinker area. To do this, they had to
> drill holes in the housings, so those "blobs" that you see are most likely
> covering up the holes that had to be drilled.
>
> You do realize that you'll have to modify your bumper to fit 1-piece
> housings, i.e. cutting out a piece that is currently between the 2-piece
> housings in your '97 A4.
>
> The one thing that I'd be concerned about is that the black plastic on
> the corners seems loose - it looks bent away from the white plastic, like
> in this pictu
> http://images6.fotki.com/v104/photos...1010023-vi.jpg
>
> That said, I can't remember if it is flexible enough to be bent back
> where it needs to be.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

Pete its not the bumper that needs cutting its the wing

Theres a small lip that needs grinding back when you remove the indicator,
you can use a dremel or a steady had and a heavy file

btw I got me a new Audi, the B5 quattro goes on monday

Ronny

www.fsplanes.net

Old September 14th 04, 09:28 PM
Pete

> Pete its not the bumper that needs cutting its the wing
>
> Theres a small lip that needs grinding back when you remove the

indicator,
> you can use a dremel or a steady had and a heavy file

Yup. That is what I meant.

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/26912/dscn0523.jpg

:-)

Cheers,