Oil Change for a 2001 Buick Century

Old July 19th 05, 08:28 PM
The Juice

Yes it is Steve, and thanks for the suggestion, could you
make it easy to locate that sensor? I assume it is a
simple on or off switch checkable with an ohm-meter.

Steve B. > wrote in
:

>>> Changed oil & filter myself for the first time in my 2001

and
>> tried my damndest to reset the change oil indicator.

Followed
>> the book to the letter. Never happened! Far as I know that

is
>> THE ONLY thing that isnt operable in this car, and I don't

have
>> a clue where to start looking for a cause!

> Is this one where you push the pedal to the floor? If so

then a bad
> or misadjusted throttle position sensor can stop the light

from being

Old July 19th 05, 09:37 PM
Shep

Maybe the floor mat is stopping the pedal from going far enough to reset the
system, seen this too.

Old July 21st 05, 05:10 AM
The Juice

Looked at the throttle linkage and saw nothing that looked
like a sensor..............

Steve B. > wrote in
:

Old July 21st 05, 02:04 PM
Steve B.

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:10:07 -0500, The Juice > wrote:

>Looked at the throttle linkage and saw nothing that looked
>like a sensor..............

On previous years it is connected to the side of the throtle body. I
have only replaced adjusted them on Cadi's where the display on the
dash lets you know when you have it adjusted right Sorry I can't
offer any help on adjusting/replacing yours.

Steve B.
Old July 21st 05, 02:28 PM
John S.

I would pick an interval that is less than the maximum recommended by
the manufacturer and stick with it. Remember that the oil change
interval chosen by a car manufacturer is in part influenced by how it
effects the widely publicized annual-cost-to-maintain figure.
Personally I change oil every 3,500 miles because I want to drive my
car at least 300,000 miles.

Old July 21st 05, 09:42 PM

On my wife's car, the button is inside the glove compartment.
It is labeled Oil Reset...Hold 5 Seconds

Old July 21st 05, 10:22 PM

If you can't get it to reset any other way, maybe you could try
disconnecting the battery for a few seconds
and see if it will force a reset condition when you power back up. The ECM
will have to go through
its little song and dance for a while, but that is not such a big deal.