emergency key from saturn

Old March 14th 05, 03:07 PM
SJ

Default emergency key from saturn

Hi folks,

I got my first saturn ION 1 a month ago, and the emergency key got mailed
last week.

the description says it can only open the door, but cannot start ignition; I
tried and it does not only open the door but also start ignition. is it
something wrong with the key, or the description?
Thanks for the help..

SJ

Old March 14th 05, 07:20 PM
Bill Davis

"SJ" > wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I got my first saturn ION 1 a month ago, and the emergency key got mailed
>last week.
>
>the description says it can only open the door, but cannot start ignition; I
>tried and it does not only open the door but also start ignition. is it
>something wrong with the key, or the description?
>Thanks for the help..
>
>SJ

Description apparently. Just tried mine & it opens the door & starts
the car.

ION2 w/remote keyless entry system & passlock security system.

Old March 15th 05, 12:55 PM
marx404

yea, that is a typo, key works as should.

marx404

Old March 15th 05, 03:01 PM
The Real Tom

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:07:15 -0500, "SJ" > wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I got my first saturn ION 1 a month ago, and the emergency key got mailed
>last week.
>
>the description says it can only open the door, but cannot start ignition; I
>tried and it does not only open the door but also start ignition. is it
>something wrong with the key, or the description?
>Thanks for the help..
>
>SJ

imho:

Thing that comes to mind is, you need the key replaced. Most likely
problem you will run into and have to use that key is locking your
real keys inside the car. A situtation your current emergency key
doesn't seem to help.

Go to a dealer and get the real emergency key ordered.

hth,

tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com

Old March 15th 05, 09:58 PM
Steph

The Real Tom <Tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com> wrote in
:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:07:15 -0500, "SJ" > wrote:
>
>>Hi folks,
>>
>>I got my first saturn ION 1 a month ago, and the emergency key got
>>mailed last week.
>>
>>the description says it can only open the door, but cannot start
>>ignition; I tried and it does not only open the door but also start
>>ignition. is it something wrong with the key, or the description?
>>Thanks for the help..
>>
>>SJ
>>

> imho:
>
> Thing that comes to mind is, you need the key replaced. Most likely
> problem you will run into and have to use that key is locking your
> real keys inside the car. A situtation your current emergency key
> doesn't seem to help.
>
> Go to a dealer and get the real emergency key ordered.
>
> hth,
>
> tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com

You misread.
Not only did it unlock his door, but it also fit and worked in the
ignition.

The packaging says it is only for the door locks becuase it is not a
very durable unit. Our local AAA (auto club) will make one out of
plastic while you wait to do the same thing.

It is not keyed any different for the doorlock or ignition (though I
can't say about the glove box, eg: a valet key) but it is not designed
to be twisted in the ignition to engage the starter. The stress of
turning on the accesory power mode is nothing compared to the start
position.

Old March 15th 05, 10:02 PM
richard soucie

where do i get an emergency key

.. .

Old March 16th 05, 01:15 AM
Bill Davis

"richard soucie" > wrote:

>where do i get an emergency key

Saturn sends it to you a month or so after new vehicle purchase.
Old March 16th 05, 03:58 AM
richard soucie

they didnt send me ****

Old March 16th 05, 02:45 PM
The Real Tom

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:58:17 GMT, Steph
> wrote:

>The Real Tom <Tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com> wrote in
:

>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:07:15 -0500, "SJ" > wrote:
>>
>>>Hi folks,
>>>
>>>I got my first saturn ION 1 a month ago, and the emergency key got
>>>mailed last week.
>>>
>>>the description says it can only open the door, but cannot start
>>>ignition; I tried and it does not only open the door but also start
>>>ignition. is it something wrong with the key, or the description?
>>>Thanks for the help..
>>>
>>>SJ
>>>

>> imho:
>>
>> Thing that comes to mind is, you need the key replaced. Most likely
>> problem you will run into and have to use that key is locking your
>> real keys inside the car. A situtation your current emergency key
>> doesn't seem to help.
>>
>> Go to a dealer and get the real emergency key ordered.
>>
>> hth,
>>
>> tom @ www.MedicalJobList.com
>>

>You misread.
>Not only did it unlock his door, but it also fit and worked in the
>ignition.

"does not only"

Opps, sorry for misreading, and thanks for the correction. It makes
sense now. I'm working on only a public school education.

later,

tom

Old March 15th 05, 09:52 PM
richard soucie

whoa whoa whoa wait a minute how come i didnt get an emergency key