Jeep Users manual and problems

Old April 9th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default Jeep Users manual and problems

I have a Jeep GC 95/96 V6 and am using next to a desert area where
temperatures rise upto 50 Deg-C (sorry not Farenheit). Due to the
extensive traffic jams - the vehicle is always overheating. The
temperatures dont allow me to shut down the Air Con either. Overflows
of coolent is almost regular feature.

Is the car getting too old ? time to go for another one ?

I have spent huge amounts on getting the AirCon in shape. Just the
other day - I had to get the Evaporator and associated stuff changed.

I have lost my Users manual (owners manual) - can I get / download a
PDF format from somewhere ?

My rear windshield wiper motor blew up last week

Maybe I am just having a bad time. Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks / Best Regards
SnowMan

Old April 16th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

bachus_the_snowman proclaimed:

> I have a Jeep GC 95/96 V6 and am using next to a desert area where
> temperatures rise upto 50 Deg-C (sorry not Farenheit). Due to the
> extensive traffic jams - the vehicle is always overheating. The
> temperatures dont allow me to shut down the Air Con either. Overflows
> of coolent is almost regular feature.
>
> Is the car getting too old ? time to go for another one ?
>
> I have spent huge amounts on getting the AirCon in shape. Just the
> other day - I had to get the Evaporator and associated stuff changed.
>
> I have lost my Users manual (owners manual) - can I get / download a
> PDF format from somewhere ?
>
> My rear windshield wiper motor blew up last week
>
> Maybe I am just having a bad time. Any help will be much appreciated
>
> Thanks / Best Regards
> SnowMan

Where do you live that you have a V6 in a Grand Cherokee?
As for the temp, thats only 122 F, which you should be able to handle.

What does your coolant look like? Like it hasn't been changed since the
vehicle was new and the block is probably so full of rust water can't
circulate? Nice tight serpentine with tension checked recently?
Are you on your original water pump? If you are absolutly certain all
your hoses are in good shape, you have no bubbles in the coolant and
your water pump still has good flow, you might want to consider an
aftermarket impeller and/or a three row radiator. Have no experience
with either of those and have never had trouble with overheat cruising
at crawl speeds in southern Nevada and Arizona at similar temps in a 95
GC with the straight 6 and essentially stock cooling system plus just a
teeny amount of flow enhancer [edmund] but never had any trouble before
adding the flow enhancer either.
Old April 16th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4

bachus_the_snowman proclaimed:

> I have a Jeep GC 95/96 V6 and am using next to a desert area where
> temperatures rise upto 50 Deg-C (sorry not Farenheit). Due to the
> extensive traffic jams - the vehicle is always overheating. The
> temperatures dont allow me to shut down the Air Con either. Overflows
> of coolent is almost regular feature.
>
> Is the car getting too old ? time to go for another one ?
>
> I have spent huge amounts on getting the AirCon in shape. Just the
> other day - I had to get the Evaporator and associated stuff changed.
>
> I have lost my Users manual (owners manual) - can I get / download a
> PDF format from somewhere ?
>
> My rear windshield wiper motor blew up last week
>
> Maybe I am just having a bad time. Any help will be much appreciated
>
> Thanks / Best Regards
> SnowMan

You can get an Owners Manual for the USA version which is a straight 6
from www.jeep.com which points you to Tech Authority where you can also
get a factory service manual...with the disclaimer these are for USA
models and yours appears to be something else.