Junk Yards in MD

Old July 22nd 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bman

Default Junk Yards in MD

I remember a salvage/junk yard in MD where you pull your own part, pay
a dollar to get in, flat rate for all parts. I can't remember the
name? Anyone have a better memory then me?

Old July 22nd 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

Sorry can't help you about MD, but there's a large salvage yard in
Hazleton, PA (exit 40/41 on I-81). Not too far away from Paragon(sp?)
off-road park.

G/L,

Old July 22nd 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
bman

I found it. thanx.

http://www.crazyraysautoparts.com/

Old July 22nd 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
The Reverend Natural Light

There aren't many like that anymore - probably due to insurance
reasons. I've been allowed to pull my own parts at Brandywine in
southern MD when they were too busy. If you're up for the drive,
Sonny's Auto Parts in (near) Culpeper VA is a great place. Just ask
the guy at the counter what you want and he'll tell you exactly where
in their 100 acres of junk cars to go and find it. Not a lot of late
model cars there but more older stuff then you'll find anywhere else.
The farther back in the yard the older it gets. It's a lot of fun
just to walk around the place.

Old July 24th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Steve Landis

bman wrote:
> I remember a salvage/junk yard in MD where you pull your own part, pay
> a dollar to get in, flat rate for all parts. I can't remember the
> name? Anyone have a better memory then me?

Just adding another to the list within an easy drive from MD - Rodney's
Used Jeep Parts in Dover, Pa http://cathyvvvv0.tripod.com/
Jeeps only.

Steve
Old July 28th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

There were one or two salvage yards on Route 13 south of Wilmington,
Deleware. I say were because it's been a number of years since I've
been down that way.

Old July 28th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
XS11E[_3_]

bman > wrote:

> I remember a salvage/junk yard in MD where you pull your own part,
> pay a dollar to get in, flat rate for all parts. I can't remember
> the name? Anyone have a better memory then me?

This might help, it's a site that lists wrecking yards. Just enter
your state or zip code and it'll list nearby places.

http://www.yardquest.com/