05 Caravan with Dead Power Locks

Old September 5th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default 05 Caravan with Dead Power Locks

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan with about 39k miles. This past week the
power locks suddenly stopped working while all other electrical
components appear to be working fine. I looked through the owners
manual and could not find any conclusive information on the location
of the fuse for the power locks. For fuses in general the manual
refers me to look in the Integrated Power Module, however there are
no
fuses marked power locks in there, and upon further inspection no
burned fuses were found. I also noticed there was not a radio fuse...
I think there must be another "hidden" fuse box somewhere.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find the other fuses?
Has anyone else had a similar problem with the power locks suddenly
dying? Maybe it's not a fuse problem afterall? I am not a huge Dodge
fan due to this and other experiences. Can anyone recommend a better
minivan for next time?

Any and all input would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Old September 5th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan with about 39k miles. This past week the
> power locks suddenly stopped working while all other electrical
> components appear to be working fine. I looked through the owners
> manual and could not find any conclusive information on the location
> of the fuse for the power locks. For fuses in general the manual
> refers me to look in the Integrated Power Module, however there are
> no
> fuses marked power locks in there, and upon further inspection no
> burned fuses were found. I also noticed there was not a radio fuse...
> I think there must be another "hidden" fuse box somewhere.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction to find the other fuses?
> Has anyone else had a similar problem with the power locks suddenly
> dying? Maybe it's not a fuse problem afterall? I am not a huge Dodge
> fan due to this and other experiences. Can anyone recommend a better
> minivan for next time?
>

> Any and all input would be gratefully appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dan

Well Dan you may have to be a Huge Dodge fan this time to get this problem
fixed. Have the Dealer Reflash the software in the BCM to get the door locks
working again.TSB 08-028-05 This only applies to vehicles built between July
26 2004 thru May 7 2005

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 6th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ron Seiden

Not that it will necessarily fix your problem, but there is a secondary fuse
block under the bottom curve of the dash, just to the left of the steering
column. It's got a little plastic push&turn retaining catch...

oups.com...

Old September 9th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

disconnect the neg. cable for 2 minutes then touch it to the positive
cable for 30 seconds so it will discharge the capaciters in the modules
and erase the fault codes and see if they work
sometimnes a fault code in the bcm and fcm for power locks will cause
the lock to not work (software glitch) but if it happens again then there
is a good chance you you will need to take it to a shop to have the codes
in the modules checked for further troubleshooting