top two settings on ac fan not working

Old July 1st 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
oasisorbital

Default top two settings on ac fan not working

01 tj sport, the lower two fan speeds work but the top two dont, any
ideas.

Old July 1st 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

Apparently they have a whole mess of defective switches out there. You
can 'just' buy the switch, you do not need the whole cluster, no matter
what the sales desk drone tells you. Tell him to dig deeper.

There also have been reports of the new ones being dead in the box too.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old July 2nd 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Troy

On my 01 and my gf's 00 TJ the knobs for the air conditioner broke, we had
to jb weld them back on. They weren't strong enough.

Troy

Old July 2nd 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

On 1 Jul 2006 14:50:45 -0700, "oasisorbital" >
wrote:

>01 tj sport, the lower two fan speeds work but the top two dont, any
>ideas.

The lower three speeds of the fan on my 97XJ stopped working.
Turned out to be a sensor block. Dealer had the part in stock.
For the XJ it's located behind and below the glove box. Takes
about 15 minutes to replace...once you know what you're
looking for! The sensor's located at the bottom of the
fan box, so it's prone to water and any debris that works
it's way down there. The metal coils were completely rusted out.

G/L

Old July 2nd 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

The big difference is the high speed. If the high speed isn't working,
you don't have resistor pack issues because the pack isn't used for
high.

If the low speeds are crapped out, it is usually the resistor pack.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

> On 1 Jul 2006 14:50:45 -0700, "oasisorbital" >
> wrote:
>
> >01 tj sport, the lower two fan speeds work but the top two dont, any
> >ideas.

> The lower three speeds of the fan on my 97XJ stopped working.
> Turned out to be a sensor block. Dealer had the part in stock.
> For the XJ it's located behind and below the glove box. Takes
> about 15 minutes to replace...once you know what you're
> looking for! The sensor's located at the bottom of the
> fan box, so it's prone to water and any debris that works
> it's way down there. The metal coils were completely rusted out.
>
> G/L

Some dash lights not working Ratbert Ford Explorer 0 January 5th 06 01:48 AM
Momo (Black) F1C and NR2002 settings Gary Simulators 3 October 28th 05 08:02 PM
rFactor - Black Logitech MOMO settings Chuck Arbogast Simulators 0 September 3rd 05 01:52 AM
A/C working improperly 2ball Honda 2 August 29th 05 08:49 PM
Power Outlets Not Working courtneyk Mazda 3 July 28th 05 04:05 AM