Removing Molding clips

Old January 19th 05, 03:48 AM
Mel P.

Default Removing Molding clips

I know there's a trick to removing the clips without breaking them or
damaging the body. Any one remember?

tia,

--
Mel

77 Revived Bug & 70 Ghia Cabriolet
www.geocities.com/mpernice
PARTS FOR SALE: http://www.geocities.com/njvwclub/vwparts/index.htm

Old January 19th 05, 04:20 AM
Speedy Jim

Mel P. wrote:
> I know there's a trick to removing the clips without breaking them or
> damaging the body. Any one remember?
>
> tia,

The plastic ones? They have a tiny plastic pin in the center;
punch the pin in IIRC and the clip will come out. Have to make
new pins later:-(

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old January 20th 05, 02:54 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Speedy Jim is right and if you have access to the inside you can catch the
pin and reuse it.
Dealer gets about $1.00 per clip I'm told. I used to buy them @ $0.03 each
decades ago.
So save them if you can! ;-)

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

Old January 22nd 05, 04:16 AM
Cletus

those clips are cheap, break them outta there and buy new ones, at least
on my 68 they were

Old January 22nd 05, 11:25 PM
MIC

> Dealer gets about $1.00 per clip I'm told. I used to buy them @ $0.03
> each decades ago.
> So save them if you can! ;-)

Hm, thats expensive. They look like the ones on my Golf from 1990......
maybe they fit... anyone...?
bye MIC

Old January 23rd 05, 04:35 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

There were basically 2 types of plastic clips for the aircooled Beetles, fat
for the earlier types up to 65 or so and then the skinny ones for 66/67 on
up.
The skinny ones were also used on the Rabbits and Jettas too, but I am not
sure about the A2s. :-(

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

"MIC" > wrote in message
k...
>> Dealer gets about $1.00 per clip I'm told. I used to buy them @ $0.03
>> each decades ago.
>> So save them if you can! ;-)

> Hm, thats expensive. They look like the ones on my Golf from 1990......
> maybe they fit... anyone...?
> bye MIC

Angel eyes - fitting clips?? Badger BMW 8 January 3rd 05 01:05 PM
71 bus chrome trim clips? vic20owner VW air cooled 3 December 22nd 04 04:00 AM
deposit on rocker clips? Mike G BMW 21 October 13th 04 08:38 PM
Removing Window Cranks/door handles from 1959 Edsel Don Antique cars 0 July 23rd 03 06:30 AM