Radio wont turn off

Old October 5th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Radio wont turn off

Hi all,
I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play. I
can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
problem?

Old October 5th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ken[_3_]

Need some more info to be sure. Does it go off when you open the door?
Does power stay supplied to other electrical equipment or just the
radio? My car continues to supply power to the radio and windows for a
few minutes or until a door is open. Could be that it is an
aftermarket radio installation and their are 2 power supply wires
(orange and red I believe). Orange is for the clock (constant power)
and red is for the power thru fuse panel (controlled by ignition) if
they are reversed then you get a radio that stays fully powered all the
time. This was the color schema on power wires for my first
aftermarket radio install I did for myself and you should refer to the
diagrams specific to your car and radio to be sure.

Old October 5th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mike Romain

Who wired it up?

Did it just start doing this?

Maybe it was wired that way on purpose? Mine is.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old October 5th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

wrote in article
.com>...
> Hi all,
> I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
> ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play. I
> can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
> may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
> problem?

Yet another troll from the "wet one."

RTFM.....

It's also a "problem" in my wife's '94 Camaro.....

It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you to
listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a power
window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a power
seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.

Open the door, and it all goes off - or are you too thick to have noticed
that?

It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
owner's manuals.

Yeah, sure....I know!

*YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead of
spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk yard),
you come on here and troll.....

The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features."

If you are SO lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with imaginary
"problems", why don't you join the local singles club, or a church group?

Old October 5th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

* wrote:
> wrote in article
> .com>...
> > Hi all,
> > I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
> > ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play. I
> > can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
> > may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
> > problem?
> >

> Yet another troll from the "wet one."
>

> RTFM.....
>
> It's also a "problem" in my wife's '94 Camaro.....
>
> It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you to
> listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a power
> window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a power
> seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.
>
> Open the door, and it all goes off - or are you too thick to have noticed
> that?
>
> It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
> owner's manuals.
>
> Yeah, sure....I know!
>
> *YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead of
> spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk yard),
> you come on here and troll.....
>
> The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features."
>
> If you are SO lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with imaginary
> "problems", why don't you join the local singles club, or a church group?

No the Grand Am doesnt do that. Only saturns and some other GM
products. If you weren't so into yourself you would realize that you
are wrong. Don't believe me? Look it up. The radio is the stock radio
with no modifications. The radio always turns off as soon as I turn the
key to the "off" position. It just recently started staying on. It
stays on for more than 5 minutes. It's staying on all night. I was told
that it may have something to do with the ignition. Is there some sort
of a continuity test that I could possibly run to diagnose a faulty
ignition?

Old October 6th 06, 12:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Can you turn it off at the radio?

wrote:

wrote in article

Old October 6th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Lhead

* wrote:
> wrote in article
> .com>...
> > Hi all,
> > I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
> > ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play. I
> > can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
> > may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
> > problem?
> >

> Yet another troll from the "wet one."
>

> RTFM.....
>
> It's also a "problem" in my wife's '94 Camaro.....
>
> It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you to
> listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a power
> window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a power
> seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.
>
> Open the door, and it all goes off - or are you too thick to have noticed
> that?
>
> It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
> owner's manuals.
>
> Yeah, sure....I know!
>
> *YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead of
> spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk yard),
> you come on here and troll.....
>
> The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features."
>
> If you are SO lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with imaginary
> "problems", why don't you join the local singles club, or a church group?

If the only thing you can contribute to this discussion is meaningless
insults, why don't you just go away? You try hard to convince people
that you're brilliant, but what you come across as is simply
argumentative. I suppose self-loathing will do that though.

I think I hear your fan club meeting coming to order. Why don't you go
entertain them for a while?

Old October 7th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Lhead wrote:
> * wrote:
> > wrote in article
> > .com>...
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
> > > ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play. I
> > > can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
> > > may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
> > > problem?
> > >

> > Yet another troll from the "wet one."
> >

> > RTFM.....
> >
> > It's also a "problem" in my wife's '94 Camaro.....
> >
> > It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you to
> > listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a power
> > window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a power
> > seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.
> >
> > Open the door, and it all goes off - or are you too thick to have noticed
> > that?
> >
> > It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
> > owner's manuals.
> >
> > Yeah, sure....I know!
> >
> > *YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead of
> > spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk yard),
> > you come on here and troll.....
> >
> > The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features."
> >
> > If you are SO lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with imaginary
> > "problems", why don't you join the local singles club, or a church group?

> If the only thing you can contribute to this discussion is meaningless
> insults, why don't you just go away? You try hard to convince people
> that you're brilliant, but what you come across as is simply
> argumentative. I suppose self-loathing will do that though.
>
> I think I hear your fan club meeting coming to order. Why don't you go
> entertain them for a while?

Thank you. I try to get a simple answer but all I get from this idiot
is meaningless insults. The problem it turns out, is a faulty ignition
which when in the "off" position has the voltage of the "acc" position,
thus proving a faulty ignition. But apparantly he should have already
of known that, since he apparantly knows all...notice how he has no
comment on the Grand Am having an electrical delay, since there is
none. I think i'd know my car by now.

Old October 7th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Lhead wrote:
> * wrote:
> > wrote in article
> > .com>...
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
> > > ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play. I
> > > can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
> > > may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
> > > problem?
> > >

> > Yet another troll from the "wet one."
> >

> > RTFM.....
> >
> > It's also a "problem" in my wife's '94 Camaro.....
> >
> > It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you to
> > listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a power
> > window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a power
> > seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.
> >
> > Open the door, and it all goes off - or are you too thick to have noticed
> > that?
> >
> > It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
> > owner's manuals.
> >
> > Yeah, sure....I know!
> >
> > *YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead of
> > spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk yard),
> > you come on here and troll.....
> >
> > The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features."
> >
> > If you are SO lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with imaginary
> > "problems", why don't you join the local singles club, or a church group?

> If the only thing you can contribute to this discussion is meaningless
> insults, why don't you just go away? You try hard to convince people
> that you're brilliant, but what you come across as is simply
> argumentative. I suppose self-loathing will do that though.
>
> I think I hear your fan club meeting coming to order. Why don't you go
> entertain them for a while?

Thank you. I try to get a simple answer but all I get from this idiot
is meaningless insults. The problem it turns out, is a faulty ignition
which when in the "off" position has the voltage of the "acc" position,
thus proving a faulty ignition. But apparantly he should have already
of known that, since he apparantly knows all...notice how he has no
comment on the Grand Am having an electrical delay, since there is
none. I think i'd know my car after 6 years...