'91' XJ: R&R rear bumper

Old June 12th 05, 09:26 PM
Bill L

Default '91' XJ: R&R rear bumper

Anyone got any gotchas or advice on R&R'ing the rear bumper on a '91' XJ?
The bumper has a nice crease in it where I backed into a parking pole that
was in my blind spot AND below the window height of the rear liftgate
window. I'm hoping to hit up a junkyard and get a matching bumper. Thanks in
advance.

--
there is no .sig

Old June 13th 05, 06:04 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Bill L" > wrote in message =
om...
> Anyone got any gotchas or advice on R&R'ing the rear bumper on a '91' =

XJ?=20
> The bumper has a nice crease in it where I backed into a parking pole =

that=20
> was in my blind spot AND below the window height of the rear liftgate=20
> window. I'm hoping to hit up a junkyard and get a matching bumper. =

Thanks in=20
> advance.

I have both Haynes and Chilton's for your year... the
Chilton's doesn't even mention it, and the Haynes
glosses over it pretty quickly. Should be obvious.
__
Steve
..

Old June 14th 05, 12:22 AM
Kevin in San Diego

Yea. Its super easy unless you have the factory hitch. then it becomes just
kinda easy.
KH

news

Old June 15th 05, 01:29 AM
tim bur

remove the end caps then there is 4 15mm bolts on each frame rail to bracket mount that has to be removed