1999 Chrysler LHS starting problems

Old August 16th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Default 1999 Chrysler LHS starting problems

Greg Houstong wrote:
> Bill Putney wrote:
>> Bob Shuman wrote:
>>> ...When this happens, the engine temperature gauge usually does not
>>> read the correct temperature, the warm engine idles roughly, and the
>>> fuel mileage is noticeably decreased...
>>>
>>> Bob

>> That is in fact correct on this car since there is one temp. sensor
>> that feeds into the PCM, from which signal the PCM both drives the
>> gage and does the engine management.

> Since the engine instruments are all computer driven, would a bad temp
> sensor also show erroneous temperature readings on the engine
> temperature guage?

That was my point ("...there is one temp. sensor that feeds into the
PCM, from which signal the PCM both drives the gage and does the engine
management.").

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old August 17th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

fuel pressure would be what i would check after i checked for any freeze
frame data a pending code may be there but not under continuous codes

Old August 17th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

you apperantly haven't worked on too many gm cars

Old August 17th 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
man of machines

we have seen a two fold increase in fuel pump failure since gas prices went up

the fuel is not in the tank to help keep it cool

Old August 17th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bob Shuman[_2_]

I didn't realize that GM made the 1999 Chrysler 3.5L LHS! Seriously, I have
stayed away from GM products since having some bad experiences with a couple
of used 1970's and a brand new 1980.

Bob