1995 jeep grand cherokee

Old July 29th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
delbo

Default 1995 jeep grand cherokee

how do i test the ignition switch? the jeep will start if i jump the
solenoid, but doesnt make a sound when i turn the key. Except for the
regular warning lights and buzzer. starter tested good at 2 diff parts
stores 2 diff times.

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/1995-jeep-...ict248261.html
Old July 29th 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Wayland

"delbo" > wrote in message
news:1207250_734c076a95d0a08168eb55079f41420b@auto boardz.com...
> how do i test the ignition switch? the jeep will start if i jump the
> solenoid, but doesnt make a sound when i turn the key. Except for the
> regular warning lights and buzzer. starter tested good at 2 diff parts
> stores 2 diff times.
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com
> interface
> Thread archive:
> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/1995-jeep-...ict248261.html

Automatic? Try jiggling the gear selector in park and neutral while holding
the key to "start". Could be the neutral/safety switch or a loose wire.

Pat

Old August 11th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
delbo

actually its a stick. but i think i bypassed "the clutch interlock
switch" by running switch into cab and that worked maybe two times.
Now its hit and miss. i get 13v at the starter. My wife says its
haunted, i say its a woman. thanx for your answer.