Large VW 4x4, what is it?

Old November 26th 04, 05:05 PM
dave

>From: "Matt B."
>
>"dave" > wrote in message
>>VW sent me a video of what I thought was the Winnebago, but it was the
>>Eurovan introduction. So 93 sounds about right.

>U still have that video? I'm sure a eurovan owner somewhere (possibly
>myself) might be interested in it.

No I put it on EBay and it sold! I was shocked!

thanks!
later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris

Old November 27th 04, 03:49 PM
Matt B.

"dave" > wrote in message
> No I put it on EBay and it sold! I was shocked!

U never know what us T4 geeks are into

Old November 27th 04, 03:49 PM
Matt B.

Old November 28th 04, 02:47 PM
Ingo Braune

dave wrote:

> I used to think that T4s were Type 4s, 411 and 412.

That's "Type 4"

> I used to think that T2s were the Busses and Transporters.

That was "Type 2" up to the Vanagon. Early busses and transporters were
"Type 2 T1",
<http://autostadt.hornecker-online.de/zeithaus_volkswagen_transporter_typ2_460.jpg>
then came "Type 2 T2" (that is still build in Brazil)
<http://www.vw.com.br/default.asp?turl=%2Fautomoveis%2Fkombi%2FDefault%2 Easp%3F>
and the last was "Type 2 T3" sold as vanagon in the us and still built
until this year in South Africa.
<http://home.t-online.de/home/t3-aktuell/bus_83.gif>
The first fwd transporter was the T4 aka Eurovan, and now it's T5 - but
these are no longer "Type 2"s.

Ingo

Old November 28th 04, 02:47 PM
Ingo Braune

Old November 28th 04, 08:34 PM
dave

http://autostadt.hornecker-online.de...ransporter_typ
2_460.jpg>
>then came "Type 2 T2" (that is still build in Brazil)
>
><http://www.vw.com.br/default.asp?tur...2FDefault%2 E

asp%3F>
>and the last was "Type 2 T3" sold as vanagon in the us and still built
>until this year in South Africa.
><http://home.t-online.de/home/t3-aktuell/bus_83.gif>

>The first fwd transporter was the T4 aka Eurovan, and now it's T5 - but
>these are no longer "Type 2"s.

> Ingo

OK I think I am beginning to see now, said the blind man! lol
T4s are Eurovans which are quite different than the Type 4s (411 and 412s).
;-)

thanks Ingo!

Old November 28th 04, 08:34 PM
dave