Radio wont turn off

Old October 9th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Default Radio wont turn off

Lhead > wrote in article
.com>...

> * wrote:
> > wrote in article
> > .com>...
> > > Hi all,
> > > I am having a problem with the radio in my car. Whenever I turn the
> > > ignition off and take the key out of it, the radio continues to play.

> > > can't find any shorts in the wiring harness, so I was wondering if it
> > > may an internal problem in the ignition? Has anyone had this sort of
> > > problem?
> > >

> > Yet another troll from the "wet one."
> >

> > RTFM.....
> >
> > It's also a "problem" in my wife's '94 Camaro.....
> >
> > It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you

> > listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a power
> > window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a power
> > seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.
> >
> > Open the door, and it all goes off - or are you too thick to have

noticed
> > that?
> >
> > It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
> > owner's manuals.
> >
> > Yeah, sure....I know!
> >
> > *YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead

of
> > spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk

yard),
> > you come on here and troll.....
> >
> > The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features."
> >
> > If you are SO lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with

imaginary
> > "problems", why don't you join the local singles club, or a church

group?

> If the only thing you can contribute to this discussion is meaningless
> insults, why don't you just go away? You try hard to convince people
> that you're brilliant, but what you come across as is simply
> argumentative. I suppose self-loathing will do that though.
>
> I think I hear your fan club meeting coming to order. Why don't you go
> entertain them for a while?

Compared to YOUR "contribution" to this thread, I've already presented 100
percent MORE technical informnation than you have......

Your ONLY "contribution" to two different threads on this newsgroup is to
flame me......

.......you haven't contributed one iota of technical information based on
the issue the OP presented.....

......nor have you offered ANY sort of opposing technical opinion.....

All you have "contributed" is a trolling flame.....

While I offer my candid, uncolored opinion - an opinion with which others
are certainly free to disagree - all you have done in two threads on this
newsgroup is flame me.

WHOM, do you suppose, is truly coming across as "argumentative"?

What are you, waterboy's Grampa?

Old October 10th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ken[_3_]

It's called a delay - lasting five to ten minuites - which allows you
to listen to a last few minutes of something on the radio, put up a
power window you forgot was open before you turned the key, re-adjust a
power seat to make it easier to get out of the car, etc.
>>True and possible based on the info given by the OP.

Open the door, and it all goes off >>True - or are you too thick to
have noticed that? >>Unnecessary
It is a "problem" that MOST people come to understand by reading their
owner's manuals. True but unnecessary in this case.
Yeah, sure....I know!
*YOU* didn't get an owner's manual when you bought the car, so instead
of spending $15.00 for one at the Pontiac dealer (or $5.00 at a junk
yard), you come on here and troll.....
The manufacturer likes to refer to them as "features." If you are SO
lonely that you have to troll the newsgroups with imaginary "problems",
why don't you join the local singles club, or a church group?
>>Unnecessary

Compared to YOUR "contribution" to this thread, I've already presented
100
percent MORE technical informnation than you have......
Your ONLY "contribution" to two different threads on this newsgroup is
flame me............you haven't contributed one iota of technical
information based on the issue the OP presented..........nor have you
offered ANY sort of opposing technical opinion..... All you have
"contributed" is a trolling flame..... While I offer my candid,
uncolored opinion - an opinion with which others are certainly free to
disagree - all you have done in two threads on this newsgroup is flame
me.
WHOM, do you suppose, is truly coming across as "argumentative"?
What are you, waterboy's Grampa?
>>Opinions and advise are very much welcomed by all who search the

internet looking for an answer. It is why these forums exist. The
techinical advise and opinions you offer are also welcomed. Your
insuative and degrading remarks included with the advise and opinions
are not.

Old October 11th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Ken:

Were everything based on this single post, you would be absolutely
correct......

But this particular poster first complained and asked what to do about a
suspension that had become too stiff for his liking following the
replacement of struts and shocks, .........

........THEN, in a different post, asked about the features of various
lowering kits, and which one he should buy - lowering kits that are known
to stiffen the suspension substantially......

.....THEN, he comes out with this particular post asking about what could
well be a non-problem and simply a feature of a car.......

........ APPEARING to me to be simply trolling for the answer he already
knows.

I observed the exact same "phenomenon" about my wife's Camaro not shutting
the radio off when the key was turned off, but I chose to consult the
owner's manual,
discovering the delay feature.

Sorry if I came across as too blunt and candid for your liking - with what
you deem to be unnecessary impoliteness - but "Wet Willie" and I have a
"history."......

......and I place trollers right up there with SPAMMERS.

Old October 11th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Lhead

* wrote:
> Ken:
>
> Were everything based on this single post, you would be absolutely
> correct......
>
> But this particular poster first complained and asked what to do about a
> suspension that had become too stiff for his liking following the
> replacement of struts and shocks, .........
>
> .......THEN, in a different post, asked about the features of various
> lowering kits, and which one he should buy - lowering kits that are known
> to stiffen the suspension substantially......
>
> ....THEN, he comes out with this particular post asking about what could
> well be a non-problem and simply a feature of a car.......
>
> ....... APPEARING to me to be simply trolling for the answer he already
> knows.
>
> I observed the exact same "phenomenon" about my wife's Camaro not shutting
> the radio off when the key was turned off, but I chose to consult the
> owner's manual,
> discovering the delay feature.
>
> Sorry if I came across as too blunt and candid for your liking - with what
> you deem to be unnecessary impoliteness - but "Wet Willie" and I have a
> "history."......
>
> .....and I place trollers right up there with SPAMMERS.

Rude is rude. No matter what justifications or rationalizations are
offered, rude is rude. The original poster's issue and your experience
with a Camaro turned out not to have anything in common beyond a radio
that remained powered after the ignition is shut off.
I offered no advice nor insights because I didn't know anything about
person's problem with his car/radio. I was ignorant of the facts in
this situation. So were you. But...that didn't stop you from jumping in
with insults. Rudeness and ignorance. Bad combination.

I'm not "flaming" you. If I chose to "flame" you, you'd know it. You'll
also notice I haven't called you a name either.

One more thing, sentences neither begin nor end with ".............".
Have a nice day.

Old October 11th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ken[_3_]

Ah the history. Good to know that someone pays attention to the names
associated with the post. I did read one of the posts unknowing of the
OP's name and chose not to post as it seemed from the info he had
provided that the shocks and struts were replaced without physical
cause and then was unssatisfied with the result. I try to keep my
posts unbiased so it is probably good that I do not track the names of
the posters as it might lead me to assert time and effort into getting
upset.

Old October 12th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
*

Lhead > wrote in article
.com>...

> One more thing, sentences neither begin nor end with ".............".

I'll put you in touch with the major newspaper editor that showed me how to
use "............" to end a sentence with a pause, or to continue a thought
onto the next line.

It is also a legitimate way to indicate that a quote has had some content
deleted from it.......

Old October 13th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

* wrote:
> Lhead > wrote in article
> .com>...
> >

> > One more thing, sentences neither begin nor end with ".............".
> >

> I'll put you in touch with the major newspaper editor that showed me how to
> use "............" to end a sentence with a pause, or to continue a thought
> onto the next line.
>
> It is also a legitimate way to indicate that a quote has had some content
> deleted from it.......

Ok first off, let me clear up any confusion. I originally replaced the
struts because they were worn (80,000 miles). When I replaced the
struts I had a harsh ride, so I asked a question about which struts may
be better, an OEM replacement (big $$) or something along the line of
Monroe. When the struts were replaced, it was discovered that both
front struts had a leak, thus showing why the car had a rough ride. I
then decided on purchasing 2 OEM replacement struts. Now that the ride
is the "normal" Grand Am ride, I would like to lower the car for a more
aggressive stance, and sportier handling, but asked a question of which
of the two lowering springs I chose had a better ride. This is when I
was accused of being a "troll" or whatever.
Now that I am having a completely different issue, I am automatically a
troll with no life? Okay, American cars break, its a fact. This was an
article that had nothing to do with my ride, but I am still accused of
being a "troll."

Just for the record, The Grand Am's do have the "auto delay" that * was
talking about, BUT this was only 2001 and beyond, with the Monsoon
radio installed. My car is a 2000, and has no such feature. Should
have done your research *. I also mentioned that the radio never shut
off, not after 5 minutes, 5 hours, or 5 days. IT NEVER SHUTS OFF. Did
you read that *? Hope this clears up any confusion anyone may have.