headlight switch backlight 99 XLT

Old July 31st 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mikepier

Default headlight switch backlight 99 XLT

Went to the dealer this morning and picked up the backlight bulb for
the headlight switch on my 99 XLT. This is the part # F87Z-13B765-DA.
It was $12, which is ridiculous. But in any event, it has a blue cover
over the bulb, mine had a green cover. no big deal I could always
remove the blue cover and color it green but before I do that has
anyone tried the blue bulb and does it look good? Also why is this bulb
so much and is there a cheaper alternative?

Old August 2nd 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mikepier

Update: I put it in and it looks good. I can't really notice any
difference with the blue cover.