Racing Legends

Old October 27th 05, 07:32 PM
Tim Epstein

Default Racing Legends

I don't know what is sadder; that the 2nd anniversary of the last update at
Racing Legends has now passed (20th October), or that no-one in the remnants
of this group bothered to mention it on the day.

:-(

Tim

Old October 27th 05, 08:07 PM
Tony Rickard

Tim Epstein wrote:
> I don't know what is sadder; that the 2nd anniversary of the last update at
> Racing Legends has now passed (20th October), or that no-one in the remnants
> of this group bothered to mention it on the day.

Some of us were going to meet up to celebrate the day but the bloody
transporter never turned up...
Old October 27th 05, 08:29 PM
Tim Epstein

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...
> Tim Epstein wrote:
>> I don't know what is sadder; that the 2nd anniversary of the last update
>> at Racing Legends has now passed (20th October), or that no-one in the
>> remnants of this group bothered to mention it on the day.

> Some of us were going to meet up to celebrate the day but the bloody
> transporter never turned up...

LOL!

Thanks for that - brought a smile to my face!

Old October 27th 05, 09:14 PM
mcewena

Yes but it's only the 2-month anniversary of the last West = saviour
vs. West = antichrist debate.

Old October 27th 05, 09:46 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:29:29 GMT, Tim Epstein wrote:

> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> .uk...
>> Tim Epstein wrote:
>>> I don't know what is sadder; that the 2nd anniversary of the last update
>>> at Racing Legends has now passed (20th October), or that no-one in the
>>> remnants of this group bothered to mention it on the day.

>> Some of us were going to meet up to celebrate the day but the bloody
>> transporter never turned up...

> LOL!
>
> Thanks for that - brought a smile to my face!

Yep, that was a really nice post which deserves a full quote

I wouldn't worry too much as the simracing community is spoilt for
choice at the moment, anyway. So many sims, not enough time!

Cheers, uwe

--
GPG Fingerprint: 2E 13 20 22 9A 3F 63 7F 67 6F E9 B1 A8 36 A4 61
Old October 28th 05, 05:25 AM
Bruce Kennewell

I believe that it was impounded by the police as, on the way to the reunion,
it ran over a cat.

BK

Old October 28th 05, 08:06 AM
Tony Rickard

Bruce Kennewell wrote:

>>Some of us were going to meet up to celebrate the day but the bloody
>>transporter never turned up...

> I believe that it was impounded by the police as, on the way to the
> reunion, it ran over a cat.

The rumour I heard was that we were still waiting for a road to be built
big enough for it to run on
Old October 28th 05, 01:56 PM
Paulinho

"mcewena" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Yes but it's only the 2-month anniversary of the last West = saviour
> vs. West = antichrist debate.

Isn't it the much "rumoured" fact that there is no game !! it was all a
scam...?

Or did the guy that last say that get flamed to death...?

Personally I think the sim is still being wrote .... it's just taking a long
time, I would say it would take about 2-5 years for 2 guys to do the type of
project they had in mind !

So I figure there 3 years in know..? I could be wrong !

But if they need a hand then email me, I would happily pay them money to
work for them... !!!

Pauli

Old October 28th 05, 06:41 PM
Tony Rickard

Paulinho wrote:

> Personally I think the sim is still being wrote .... it's just taking a long
> time, I would say it would take about 2-5 years for 2 guys to do the type of
> project they had in mind !

I would say that just about sums it up. In hindsight the Wests may now
wish they had kept a lower profile at the beginning of their project but
I really don't think they should be (or are) that concerned what gets
said. I am sure if they were that sensitive to the banalities of
internet forums - my own banal comments included they would have gone
on to do something else long ago.

Cheers
Tony
Old October 28th 05, 06:53 PM
Ronald Stoehr

Bruce Kennewell wrote:
> I believe that it was impounded by the police as, on the way to the reunion,
> it ran over a cat.

Oh, the rumour mill...

What actually happened: the cat was driving, lost the rear on the parking
lot and crashed into the ground floor office space of the Wests. They all
survived, but you try typing on a keyboard with broken arms.

oh boy, that sim is doomed...

l8er
ronny