SUV and Parking

Old January 13th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Default SUV and Parking

wrote:

> Ed White wrote:
>> It is not just SUV drivers that take up two spots, or park in the "fire
>> lane" or park in the handicap spaces. Rude and tohoughless people drive
>> all sorts of vehicles. How many times have you seen a BMW, Merceedes or
>> even a COrvellt taking up two spaces?

> I see pickups and SUVs in these positions more often than any other
> type of vehicle. The last two infractions something resembling their
> percentage of population 'round these parts.
>
> But the first? Overwhelmingly trucks and SUVs. And not on purpose,
> either. They skip the wider spots to park in the "compact" spaces. I
> love pulling up on the left side of those vehicles in my beater compact
> and parking my passenger door an inch away from their driver door, all
> while remaining fully in my own spot.

I know someone who did that and returned to find all his tires slashed,
even the spare.

The parking lot had security cameras, but "none of them were working in
that area." Makes you feel real secure, doesn't it?

John

Old January 13th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Jose wrote:
> It broils down to the cultural problem: big fat ass Americans love to knock
> themselves out with multi-deck fat burgers, flush them down with big fat
> (supersize) calorie-loaded Coke, and stuff their big fat mouths with potato
> (e) chips (note your Republican Dan Quayle’s spelling of potato).

You sure some of them aren't eating big fat high calorie burritos, Jose?

John

Old January 14th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

The Man Behind The Curtain > wrote in
ink.net:

> Kenneth Crudup wrote:
>> In article >, newsgroup
>> says:
>>
>>> You get sick and tired of circling endlessly for a space, getting
>>> your doors banged up

>> Eh? There's a solution to both that I use (that more of "us" fat
>> Americans could really use, as well): park in the extremes of the
>> parking lot. No jackasses to ding my door and most times I've parked,
>> then walked to the front door of the establishment and gotten there
>> before the idiot "space hunter" folks have.

> Where are these legendary "extremes"? Most parking lots I see have
> cars parking in the aisles because there's no room anymore.
>

> John

Even parking far out does not work;I've had people deliberately park too
close to my new car when I parked out in the boonies of a lot.
One schmuck even kicked my car's door,leaving a bad scuff.

Some people just do not have any consideration for others property.

I also had an idiot park too close to my car *while I was sitting in
it*,and bang their door against mine in getting out,even though they could
have parked closer to the restaurant and there was two vacant spaces next
to my car,and they chose the close one,and crowded me in the process.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old January 15th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Around 1/13/2006 5:19 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

> Some people just do not have any consideration for others property.
>
> I also had an idiot park too close to my car *while I was sitting in
> it*,and bang their door against mine in getting out,

Which brings to mind what may be the funniest on-topic 2 minutes and 37
seconds ever on TV:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...le+road+r age
or http://tinyurl.com/ayan7

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old January 16th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:28:24 -0800, Garth Almgren >
> wrote:
>
>>> Some people just do not have any consideration for others property.
>>>
>>> I also had an idiot park too close to my car *while I was sitting in
>>> it*,and bang their door against mine in getting out,

>>Which brings to mind what may be the funniest on-topic 2 minutes and
>>37 seconds ever on TV:
>>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...709&q=malcolm+
>>in+the+middle+road+rage or http://tinyurl.com/ayan7

> A famous clip, and the bimbo in the Mustang illustrates perfectly the
> MFFY attitude. "It's not like I'm hurting your car's resale value..."
>
> A co-worker of mine (who happens to drive a $100,000 Porsche) had
> something very similar happen to him the other day. Some prick in a
> 350Z pulls up and opens his door right into the side of the Porsche.
> His explanation? "It's leased - I don't care what happens to it."

Then maybe he wouldn't mind having to call a tow truck when his auto will
not start or run,or his doors will not open because the locks are jammed.

B-)

> This kind of "logic" is undoubtedly behind a great many incidents of
> parking lot damage.

Some leases charge the lessee for damage or unusual "wear and tear".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik