GTR Evo Arrived...

Old September 11th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Peter[_1_]

Default GTR Evo Arrived...

In article >,
lid says...
> Peter <pete.ivesAll_stRESS blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > jdoe usenetlove.invalid says...

> >> How can anyone care when no one even knows what you're talking
> >> about.
> >>

> > It's ok John, we know what he's talking about.

> Obviously not everyone, or even anyone who reads this group, Peter.
> Otherwise it would have been answered in the other thread when it
> was first asked about.

Sorry, can't recall which thread you're refering to.

> >> Is there a comedian in your head?

> > Sure hope so. Is there one in yours? ;-)

> That's what it seems like to me when someone uses "LOL" or a smiley
> face in response to their own pun. Do you do a lot of giggling when
> no one is around, Peter?

However, you know that those methods have been used on usenet, probably
since it began, and why they're there. How many times have arguments
started over a comment that was taken the wrong way when it was stated
in jest?

> >> Can you be any more obscure?

> > Only to you, John.

> If you think you are smarter than I, Peter, explain how someone who
> might temporarily use something other than a wheel necessarily
> should be racing on a console.

Just a throwaway remark, IMO.

> > What was that Abraham Lincoln saying about 'better to be quiet and
> > make people think you're a fool?'

> You need to either finish the saying or at least include an
> ellipses, Peter.
>
> Aren't you the guy that said Richard Burns Rally is "not even close
> to arcadish"? In your opinion, is it a better simulation than the
> GTR series?

I wish I could answer that. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the GTR
series. My times taken up with sim racing these days is far reduced,
compared to in years gone by, but I still enjoy reading up on the what's
hot and what's not, even if I don't have the opportunity to try for
myself. Take Iracing. What I've read here, has certainly generated an
urge for me to try it out at some stage.

> I get the impression some think a game must be tedious as a
> programming language. But in fact tedium has nothing to do with
> driving realism. That's one reason I bought GTR first, my definition
> of fun doesn't include programming tasks and I've read enough
> about the others.

Realism is paramount. Agreed. But that should come from the
driving/racing experience, mostly. I'm not sure how that can be
construed as tedious, though. From a personal perspective, I get a
whole lot more satisfaction playing those driving/racing games that make
me feel that I'm having to 'make an effort', similar to if I was in a
real world vehicle. When I play games where whatever you do doesn't
provide that, or mistakes don't have consequences, then I soon lose
interest. Hey, if I had the money, do think I would be playing sims?
Hell no! I'd be doing the real thing.

--
Pete Ives
Old September 12th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rod[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:47:55 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:

>It's a DVD in a DVD case, with a single sheet controller guide. I just love
>the first 4 commands:
>
>Up Arrow - Accellerate
>Brake - Down Arrow
>Steer Left - Left Arrow
>Steer Right - Right Arrow
>
>And folks wonder why I just can't get into ISI based sims LOL
>
>They could do a lot worse than to get rid of all this mouse/keyboard driving
>crap, erradicate all the useless "digital" settings in the setup, etc...
>
>No One races with a keyboard. Or at least I sure hope not. Anyone at this
>level races on a console!
>
>Now, the next step is to see if I like it at all. This is very much an $18
>experiment for me and yes, I'm going in expecting the worst.

It just makes the game accessible, doesn't diminish what the game
represents.

I steamed it. Haven't been bothered to unpack my wheel so I did a few
laps by keyboard. I'm looking forward to the point where I get off my
lazy arse and unpack my wheel. :P

Cheers,
Rod.
Old September 12th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

I didn't moan. I'm quite happy...

BTW.... Nice manners.

-Larry

Old September 12th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

there are elitists in the game The SIMS as well, doesn't mean it is even
slightly realistic...

Old September 12th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

I knew you would "get it" and as sure as I post, I knew he wouldn't.

So Larry, are you gonna test that GTR with a keyboard and write us a review?
<VBG>.

Old September 12th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

Everything else aside, there Brain Dead. I mean John Doe...

if you want to know then ask... use some manners, but you are being a
****wit jumping into a thread that you obviously didn't Get, wasn't
necessarily beggin for your (you specifically) response, and you jump in
with that ****ing attitude like you are so smart. So tell me brainiac, what
the **** did you expect when you posted like that? careful now, we're
waiting to see how you use your head now.

"John Doe" > wrote in message
news
> "PlowBoy" <Vista sucks.com> wrote:
>
>> "John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message

>> WOW...
>>
>> Love how you newbs (jdoe) find a newsgroup, that has been around
>> for uh um oh about 20 years, and many of us on it been around here
>> that long as well,

> Is your oldest post anywhere on USENET at least 20 years old,
> PlowBoy?

been online and able to read and post to the Usenet since 87. probably
before your date of origin...
!wq

Old September 12th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

No ****ing problem.

Old September 12th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

"PlowBoy," <A KS.com> wrote:
> "jeffareid" <jeffareid hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Larry" > wrote:

>>> No One races with a keyboard.

>> "No One" must be an LFS fan, since a lot of them race with a
>> keyboard, and LFS has a reputation for being an elitist group.

> there are elitists in the game The SIMS as well, doesn't mean it
> is even slightly realistic...

Some chest thumping bully wannabe trolls claim to have been around
USENET a long time, but haven't learned how to post in context...

Old September 13th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Doe

"PlowBoy," > wrote:
> "John Doe" > wrote in message
>> "PlowBoy" <Vista sucks.com> wrote:
>>> "John Doe" <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote in message

>>> WOW...
>>>
>>> Love how you newbs (jdoe) find a newsgroup, that has been around
>>> for uh um oh about 20 years, and many of us on it been around
>>> here that long as well,

>> Is your oldest post anywhere on USENET at least 20 years old,
>> PlowBoy?

> been online and able to read and post to the Usenet since 87.
> probably before your date of origin...
> !wq

Is the operative word "able" or can you actually point to a USENET
post of yours from 1987?

--
The first big front wheel rollerblades.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/2565924423/
Old September 13th 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

****ing 87. You ****!