2004 Ion turn signals not working

Old July 9th 04, 03:07 PM
sgskinny

Default 2004 Ion turn signals not working

I have been told by my local service department that my cell phone charger
may be causing some interference from my cell phone charger. Service made
two new updateds with new resisters adn others. The problem is still not
fixed. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Did you find a solution?
Thanks
sgskinny

Old July 10th 04, 03:41 AM
Robert Hancock

There are 2 entirely separate issues with the turn signals:

-Cell phone charger causing interference that confuses the BCM into thinking
there is a short on the turn signal circuit. The GM fix for this is to
install filter capacitors in the power outlet circuits to help block the
interference. If they did that and it didn't help, I don't know that there's
too much else you can do other than getting a less junky charger..

-Bulbs burning out too quickly - fix is an inline resistor in the circuit to
reduce voltage. If the turn signals start working again after restarting the
car, this is not the problem however.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from