Slam - 94 Concorde

Old September 19th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Tony[_4_]

Default Slam - 94 Concorde

My 94 concorde slams when I acellerate or slow down.
I also feel it standing still - foot on brake- when I shift
from D to R.
Transmission shifts smoothly.
I was told to check motor mounts.
Mechanic said they were fine.
Could anything else cause this problem?
The slamming is not severe, but I ruined the A/C lines
because of this on another car once.
Is replacement of mounts a difficult or expensive job?

Thanks
Old September 19th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"Tony" > wrote in message
news
> My 94 concorde slams when I acellerate or slow down.
> I also feel it standing still - foot on brake- when I shift
> from D to R.
> Transmission shifts smoothly.
> I was told to check motor mounts.
> Mechanic said they were fine.
> Could anything else cause this problem?
> The slamming is not severe, but I ruined the A/C lines
> because of this on another car once.
> Is replacement of mounts a difficult or expensive job?
>
> Thanks

Take it to another technician without even looking back to the one that told
you all was ok.
The transmission mount is bad. And that is just common sense to diagnose
that one!!

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old September 20th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:58:34 -0700, Tony > wrote:

>My 94 concorde slams <snip>

What the devil is "slamming??" The doors slam when you slow down?
Sounds like a tranny or motor mount to me, if what I perceives to be
happening is happening.
Old September 20th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Art[_1_]

Is the banging from under the AT shifter console? Could be a worn rear AT
mount.

news

Old September 20th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

Try the transmission mount, right in the back of the engine/tranny
assembley. It sounds like that. All the rubber wears out of it.

news

Old September 20th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

Tony wrote:

> My 94 concorde slams when I acellerate or slow down.
> I also feel it standing still - foot on brake- when I shift
> from D to R.
> Transmission shifts smoothly.
> I was told to check motor mounts.
> Mechanic said they were fine.
> Could anything else cause this problem?
> The slamming is not severe, but I ruined the A/C lines
> because of this on another car once.
> Is replacement of mounts a difficult or expensive job?
>
> Thanks

The transmission mount is broken. It is at the rear of the transaxle,
and is the one mount that takes the whole fore/aft rocking torque of the
drivetrain. Your mechanic SHOULD have checked it along with the two
engine mounts on the sides of the engine. Time for a new mechanic.

1994 Chrysler Concorde downshift problem.(air vacuum sensor? STREETL1FE Chrysler 1 August 21st 05 10:49 PM
1993 Concorde "bucking" Bob Shuman Chrysler 1 June 29th 05 07:26 AM
2001 300m passenger door handle(inside) Fiberman Chrysler 19 March 27th 05 08:33 PM
97 Concorde steering issues Chrysler 9 March 20th 05 09:37 PM
2000 Concorde LXi Tranmission John Gregory Chrysler 63 March 12th 05 02:10 PM