Parts diagram not correct for older Chrysler vehicle

Old July 13th 12, 12:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

Default Parts diagram not correct for older Chrysler vehicle

I went to my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer to get a PCV hose for my 2000 Cirrus with a 2.4. After giving the parts guy the Year, Make, and Model, he told me that I would need to provide the VIN for the car.

I got the VIN, and he brought up the diagram for the PCV and related parts. The diagram that he showed is for the later 2.4 setup. I am guessing that it's for 2001-06, since I also have a 2003.

The 2000, uses a hose for the PCV, and another one to connect the valve cover to a box that comes off the air filter case. I need both hoses.

I didn't order anything, because it does not look like the correct part. Is it possible that Chrysler's parts files are wrong for this vehicle? Anyway to identify the right part?

Thanks,

KM
Old July 14th 12, 06:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
SRN

"greybuck" > wrote in message
>I went to my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer to get a PCV hose for my 2000
>Cirrus with a 2.4. After giving the parts guy the Year, Make, and Model, he
>told me that I would need to provide the VIN for the car.
>
> I got the VIN, and he brought up the diagram for the PCV and related
> parts. The diagram that he showed is for the later 2.4 setup. I am
> guessing that it's for 2001-06, since I also have a 2003.
>
> The 2000, uses a hose for the PCV, and another one to connect the valve
> cover to a box that comes off the air filter case. I need both hoses.
>
> I didn't order anything, because it does not look like the correct part.
> Is it possible that Chrysler's parts files are wrong for this vehicle?
> Anyway to identify the right part?
>
> Thanks,
>
> KM

If the PCV hoses are just rubber hose and don't have sharp bends that would
require a molded hose made specicially for it, then take the hoses off and
go to an auto parts store where they can measure the ID and cut pieces off
a bulk roll for you, or you can buy a length of it in a box that you can cut
to length. Just make sure you buy hose that is made to be used for crankcase
ventilation. They make it - here is an example:

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Crankcase-Ventilation-Hose-H-B-D-Industries_5192463-P_N3604H_A|GRP2024_____

Old July 17th 12, 08:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
greybuck

On Friday, July 13, 2012 11:16:27 PM UTC-6, SRN wrote:
> "greybuck" > wrote in message
> >I went to my local Chrysler/Dodge dealer to get a PCV hose for my 2000
> >Cirrus with a 2.4. After giving the parts guy the Year, Make, and Model, he
> >told me that I would need to provide the VIN for the car.
> >
> > I got the VIN, and he brought up the diagram for the PCV and related
> > parts. The diagram that he showed is for the later 2.4 setup. I am
> > guessing that it's for 2001-06, since I also have a 2003.
> >
> > The 2000, uses a hose for the PCV, and another one to connect the valve
> > cover to a box that comes off the air filter case. I need both hoses..
> >
> > I didn't order anything, because it does not look like the correct part.
> > Is it possible that Chrysler's parts files are wrong for this vehicle?
> > Anyway to identify the right part?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > KM
>
> If the PCV hoses are just rubber hose and don't have sharp bends that would
> require a molded hose made specicially for it, then take the hoses off and
> go to an auto parts store where they can measure the ID and cut pieces off
> a bulk roll for you, or you can buy a length of it in a box that you can cut
> to length. Just make sure you buy hose that is made to be used for crankcase
> ventilation. They make it - here is an example:
>
> http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Crankcase-Ventilation-Hose-H-B-D-Industries_5192463-P_N3604H_A|GRP2024_____

Thanks for the reply. The hose in question does have 90° bend as it goes into the valve cover. I could probably use stock hose for the line that attaches to the PCV valve. I guess I need to keep looking for an old parts manual.

KM