TJ soft top part

Old July 13th 05, 01:40 AM
HG97TJ

Default TJ soft top part

I need a plastic end cap for my factory TJ soft top. I've tried the
local dealer but they only sell it as part as the entire top bow of the
frame for $300+ dollars. I also tried ChryslerPartsDirect.com and they
twice sent me the plastic pivot that attaches to the end of the side
bow. I attached a picture of the end cap I need.

http://mysite.verizon.net/hguarini/s...g.w300h225.jpg

Has anyone ever replaced just this piece??? If so where did you get
it???

Thanks,
Howie

Old July 13th 05, 01:45 AM
HG97TJ

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzep8qap/s...g.w300h225.jpg

Old July 13th 05, 01:48 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Howard,
http://bestop.com/ is the Original Equipment Manufacture, give them
a call.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 13th 05, 02:01 PM
Coasty

The plastic piece slides into the soft top bow, just make one out of a
hardwood and paint it black, or go to a machine shop and have them make one
out of aluminum.

--
Coasty
SEMPAR PARATUS

Remove The SPOOGE To Reply
ups.com...

Old July 13th 05, 03:26 PM
IsellJeeps

try a junkyard you might be surprised!

"HG97TJ" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I need a plastic end cap for my factory TJ soft top. I've tried the
> local dealer but they only sell it as part as the entire top bow of the
> frame for $300+ dollars. I also tried ChryslerPartsDirect.com and they
> twice sent me the plastic pivot that attaches to the end of the side
> bow. I attached a picture of the end cap I need.

http://mysite.verizon.net/hguarini/s...derpictures/.p
ond/img_0263_edited.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Old July 13th 05, 03:50 PM
Jerry Bransford

He can replace the parts from either Sun who makes bow-top tips that
make the top a bit more taut, or there's one more company that also
makes tips I can't think of but like Sun, can be found in either
Quadratec's or 4Wheel Drive's catalogs.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 15th 05, 03:49 PM
David C. Moller

I dunno... I tried to go the junkyard route when I needed a minor
part. After calling every wrecking yard in my phone book (greater
Seattle area) I couldn't find one with a single TJ on their lot.
This was a couple years ago though, may have changed.

Dave

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:26:34 GMT, "IsellJeeps"
> wrote:

>try a junkyard you might be surprised!

oups.com...

Old July 15th 05, 04:11 PM