History of "rolling on doves"

Old May 13th 05, 05:57 AM
Old Wolf

Default History of "rolling on doves"

There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of
"rolling on doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means
your car has 20" wheels. Another person said the same but
it was meant to be "rolling on dubs" (dub ~ double, as in
20 being double of 10).

Does anyone know how this expression came about?

Old May 13th 05, 06:40 AM
John David Galt

Old Wolf wrote:
> There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of
> "rolling on doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means
> your car has 20" wheels. Another person said the same but
> it was meant to be "rolling on dubs" (dub ~ double, as in
> 20 being double of 10).
>
> Does anyone know how this expression came about?

I suggest asking on alt.music.gangsta-rap, rec.gambling.craps, or
possibly alt.usage.english. I doubt anyone here would know.
Old May 13th 05, 04:36 PM
Bernard farquart

"Old Wolf" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of
> "rolling on doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means
> your car has 20" wheels. Another person said the same but
> it was meant to be "rolling on dubs" (dub ~ double, as in
> 20 being double of 10).
>
> Does anyone know how this expression came about?

Do you know how to work Google?
The search "dub wheels" returned a large number
of hits, any one of which would have explained that
"dub" is a brand of rims.

like the very first one
http://www.thewheelconnection.com/cu...s/Dub-rims.php

learn to use that thing you are sitting in front of.

Bernard

Old May 13th 05, 09:07 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 12 May 2005, Old Wolf wrote:

> There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of "rolling on
> doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means your car has 20" wheels.
> Another person said the same but it was meant to be "rolling on dubs"
> (dub ~ double, as in 20 being double of 10). Does anyone know how this
> expression came about?

Does anybody really care? It means the same thing as "Yo yo beeyotches yo
ho mutha****a yo ni**a pop a cap in that cop's azz yo homey yo!".
Old May 14th 05, 05:55 AM
The Real Bev

John David Galt wrote:

> Old Wolf wrote:
> > There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of
> > "rolling on doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means
> > your car has 20" wheels. Another person said the same but
> > it was meant to be "rolling on dubs" (dub ~ double, as in
> > 20 being double of 10).
> >
> > Does anyone know how this expression came about?

> I suggest asking on alt.music.gangsta-rap, rec.gambling.craps, or
> possibly alt.usage.english. I doubt anyone here would know.

Or care.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old May 14th 05, 09:45 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
n.umich.edu...
> On Fri, 12 May 2005, Old Wolf wrote:
>
>> There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of "rolling on
>> doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means your car has 20" wheels.
>> Another person said the same but it was meant to be "rolling on dubs"
>> (dub ~ double, as in 20 being double of 10). Does anyone know how this
>> expression came about?

> Does anybody really care? It means the same thing as "Yo yo beeyotches yo
> ho mutha****a yo ni**a pop a cap in that cop's azz yo homey yo!".

One way to find out if anyone cares, Daniel: walk up to a black person and
repeat what you just wrote. For the most unbiased results, go to a black
neighborhood and repeat it around whoever looks like gangsta rappers to you.

Old May 15th 05, 01:35 AM
John David Galt

>> Does anybody really care? It means the same thing as "Yo yo beeyotches yo
>> ho mutha****a yo ni**a pop a cap in that cop's azz yo homey yo!".

Good one!

> One way to find out if anyone cares, Daniel: walk up to a black person and
> repeat what you just wrote. For the most unbiased results, go to a black
> neighborhood and repeat it around whoever looks like gangsta rappers to you.

But first arm yourself like a battleship.
Old May 15th 05, 08:50 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"John David Galt" > wrote in message
>>> Does anybody really care? It means the same thing as "Yo yo beeyotches
>>> yo
>>> ho mutha****a yo ni**a pop a cap in that cop's azz yo homey yo!".

> Good one!
>
>> One way to find out if anyone cares, Daniel: walk up to a black person
>> and repeat what you just wrote. For the most unbiased results, go to a
>> black neighborhood and repeat it around whoever looks like gangsta
>> rappers to you.

> But first arm yourself like a battleship.

He'll have his sparkling wit and delightful charm. What else could he need?

Old May 17th 05, 07:22 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article t>,
Skip Elliott Bowman > wrote:
>"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
in.umich.edu...
>> On Fri, 12 May 2005, Old Wolf wrote:
>>
>>> There's a discussion in the local rag about the meaning of "rolling on
>>> doves" in gangsta rap. One person said it means your car has 20" wheels.
>>> Another person said the same but it was meant to be "rolling on dubs"
>>> (dub ~ double, as in 20 being double of 10). Does anyone know how this
>>> expression came about?

>> Does anybody really care? It means the same thing as "Yo yo beeyotches yo
>> ho mutha****a yo ni**a pop a cap in that cop's azz yo homey yo!".

>One way to find out if anyone cares, Daniel: walk up to a black person and
>repeat what you just wrote. For the most unbiased results, go to a black
>neighborhood and repeat it around whoever looks like gangsta rappers to you.

My guess is they'll be laughing their asses off so much they won't be
able to shoot straight, so he might get away with it.

result in a fully-depreciated one.