Does this exhaust look like water in the cylinders?

Old May 22nd 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Default Does this exhaust look like water in the cylinders?

On Mon, 21 May 2007 04:36:47 +0000, someone wrote:

> In article <DJY3i.632$mD.136@trndny02>,
> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
> wrote:

>>> hey, don't forget the radiato bypass hose, it's very small, easy to
>>> overlook and can leak for months without overt signs. give it a good
>>> feeling up.

>>Bypass hose? Is that the hose to the bottle?
>>

> no, it's off the block to the left of the water pump and runs to the mount
> where the thermostat is. it's a short, fat, curved hose 6-10" long. hard
> to see but look on the left side of the motor front behind the water pump
> on the block. easy to overlook and does EXACTLY your problem. you should
> be ablt to see it steam as the motor starts to get hot. makes you think
> it's the water pump but it's not. a good parts store can check it for you
> and sell you a replacement. it's dead simple to replace.

I see it now. No probs on my 7M-GE!

Old May 22nd 07, 07:22 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Danny G.

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message news:tis4i.6327$ix.2485@trndny01...
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 04:36:47 +0000, someone wrote:
>
>> In article <DJY3i.632$mD.136@trndny02>,
>> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= >
>> wrote:

>>>Bypass hose? Is that the hose to the bottle?
>>>

>> no, it's off the block to the left of the water pump and runs to the mount
>> where the thermostat is. it's a short, fat, curved hose 6-10" long. hard
>> to see but look on the left side of the motor front behind the water pump
>> on the block. easy to overlook and does EXACTLY your problem. you should
>> be ablt to see it steam as the motor starts to get hot. makes you think
>> it's the water pump but it's not. a good parts store can check it for you
>> and sell you a replacement. it's dead simple to replace.

> I see it now. No probs on my 7M-GE!

Hachiroku there are several of those small coolant hoses on your Supra. One
of them that you should keep an eye on is just a pipe end cap. It should be on
the exhaust side of the engine near the firewall.

Old May 22nd 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

On Tue, 22 May 2007 06:22:03 +0000, Danny G. wrote:

>>> no, it's off the block to the left of the water pump and runs to the
>>> mount where the thermostat is. it's a short, fat, curved hose 6-10"
>>> long. hard to see but look on the left side of the motor front behind
>>> the water pump on the block. easy to overlook and does EXACTLY your
>>> problem. you should be ablt to see it steam as the motor starts to get
>>> hot. makes you think it's the water pump but it's not. a good parts
>>> store can check it for you and sell you a replacement. it's dead simple
>>> to replace.

>> I see it now. No probs on my 7M-GE!
>>

> Hachiroku there are several of those small coolant hoses on your Supra.
> One of them that you should keep an eye on is just a pipe end cap. It
> should be on the exhaust side of the engine near the firewall.

When I had the top off the engine, I checked out all the hoses and tubes,
esp after the PCV and oil breather tubes broke trying to remove them.

Everything looked OK <Crosses Fingers!>