I need help: 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX

Old May 26th 05, 02:18 AM
Ez

Default I need help: 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX

To whom it may concern, I have some questions.
I'm taking purchase of a 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX model, with a manual
transmission.
I was wondering if anyone has one, and can tell me what the standard
features are.
The LX I'm looking at has no power windows, no power locks, no cruise
control.
Is that right?
Furthermore, my vehicle has ABS, is that a standard option as well?

I read American reviews on the vehicle, and the specs seem to indicate that
it in fact should have at least cruise control. Perhaps those are American
figures

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Old May 26th 05, 02:12 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"Ez" > wrote:

>To whom it may concern, I have some questions.
>I'm taking purchase

You are? To where?

> of a 1998 Honda Civic 4 door LX model, with a manual
>transmission.
>I was wondering if anyone has one,

Yes. I believe millions of people have one, actually. I don't
myself, of course. God forbid.

> and can tell me what the standard
>features are.

a) Bland interior.
b) Terrible handling.
c) A roof that is stuck so that it cannot be lowered.

>The LX I'm looking at has no power windows, no power locks, no cruise
>control.
>Is that right?

We cannot see whether you are looking at an LX, nor the features of
the LX if there is one. Take this question to alt.psychics.

>Furthermore, my vehicle has ABS, is that a standard option as well?

If you already have a vehicle, why are you wanting to buy the LX?
Get a Miata instead!

>I read American reviews on the vehicle,

Yours or the LX?

> and the specs seem to indicate that
>it in fact should have at least cruise control. Perhaps those are American
>figures

Actually, cruise control is not a figure. Anyway, someone may have
removed the cruise control to save weight and try to create a
light weight sports car? Did they saw off the roof too?

>If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
>
>Thanks so much!

Always happy to help a potential Civic owner. They need all
the help they can get.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old May 26th 05, 02:38 PM
Eric Baber

You don't like Civics much, do you, Leon :-))

Eric

Old May 27th 05, 01:01 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Eric Baber" > wrote:

>You don't like Civics much, do you, Leon :-))

I get so torn inside out, I write "interior" for "exterior".