Ar 166 - Break Judder

Old September 2nd 04, 08:11 PM
DJ

Default Ar 166 - Break Judder

Hi,

My 2.5V 166 judders when I brake - its only done 6000 miles - its this
something usual with them or should I get it checked out (under warrenty).
The efffectiveness of the breaking is fine but the judder is noticeable.

TIA

DJ

Old September 2nd 04, 08:52 PM
Alfistagj

A not uncommon problem after i.e. a long donwhill ride with constant braking
or an long emergency brake.
The long heated period (on downhill) or quick heat build-up (emergency)
introduces heat related, but unacceptable run-out in the disc(s) which
results in the juddering.
This juddering most likely is worse when applying the brakes just a bit and
gets less when you increase the brake power.
With only 6000 miles I would try to get it fixed under guarantee although
they will surely try to point to your driving!!
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"DJ" > schreef in bericht

Old September 2nd 04, 09:08 PM
AlexUK

DJ,

Sounds like one or more of the brake discs could be warped. I think I
remember you saying your car was preregistered and a year old with
delivery miles. Maybe the car had the handbrake on for a long time and
it affected the rear discs, try pulling the handbrake on whilst moving
(obviously not too hard) to check that its not the rear discs as often
these can be noticed more than the front ones.

Should be covered under warranty.

Alex

Old September 2nd 04, 10:10 PM
DJ

Cheers for the advice, I'll get Alfa to sort it.

DJ