Coral Beauty Eaten by Carpet Anemone because of no light at night?

Old August 25th 03, 03:14 AM
Timothy Tom

Default Coral Beauty Eaten by Carpet Anemone because of no light at night?

Well I believe that my Coral Beauty was eaten by my green carpet
anemone night before last. The Coral Beauty was one of the oldest
fish in my two-year-old reef aquarium. Yesterday I noticed quite a
bit of debris around the carpet anemones mouth. I did not think much
of it. Later in the day I noticed some blue colored tissue debris on
a ledge beneath the carpet anemone, and it struck me that I had not
seen the coral beauty all day. Still later I found what appeared to
be spine cartilage. I guess even a fish can get a little careless.
The other factor I wondered about was the fact that normally I leave
the light on in the cabinet, which does provide some illumination in
the tank at night. The night the coral beauty disappered was one of
the very few nights where there was no illumination in the tank or the
room the tank was located. I wonder if this contributed to its
demise?