anyone with a 7 series

Old July 5th 05, 07:34 PM
StaffBull

Default anyone with a 7 series

Looking to buy a 7 series 3.5 or above around about 96 -99

what is the MPG? I have been looking at the jag XJ 3.2 which does about 25
mpg - are they comparable. I will be converting to LPG any known issues with
the big beemers on LPG??

Thanks

Old July 6th 05, 10:40 AM
filip

"StaffBull" > wrote in message
> Looking to buy a 7 series 3.5 or above around about 96 -99
>
> what is the MPG? I have been looking at the jag XJ 3.2 which does about

25
> mpg - are they comparable. I will be converting to LPG any known issues

with
> the big beemers on LPG??
>

> Thanks

MPG refers to "miles per gallon" so it means - how much miles can a car pass
with using only one gallon of gas.

about LPG - lpg is pretty safe and cheap to use and maintain, the only
problem is, building it in is pretty expensive, plus, it dries out your
motor after a couple of years, so it reduces (wild guess - 10%) of your
motor life span

Old July 6th 05, 08:31 PM
SteveG

StaffBull wrote:
> Looking to buy a 7 series 3.5 or above around about 96 -99
>
> what is the MPG? I have been looking at the jag XJ 3.2 which does about 25
> mpg - are they comparable. I will be converting to LPG any known issues with
> the big beemers on LPG??
>

> Thanks

You better hadn't let anyone else from a.f.lr find you talking to
"normal" car drivers. Get back where you belong :-))

--
Regards

Steve G
Old July 6th 05, 11:24 PM
StaffBull

Doh !!! I ve been rumbled!!!! :-)

. uk...

Old July 6th 05, 11:27 PM
StaffBull

I've been caught lurking on the Jag NG too by Mark (Mr Nice)

I've just sold my V8 disco today!!! so I need a big car but something which
will do about 20mpg instead of 12 !!! :-)

Old July 7th 05, 08:28 PM
SteveG

StaffBull wrote:
> I've been caught lurking on the Jag NG too by Mark (Mr Nice)
>
> I've just sold my V8 disco today!!! so I need a big car but something which
> will do about 20mpg instead of 12 !!! :-)

Hmmm, can't say for the newer 7 series but my 1992 730 regularly returns
28-30 on the motorway (cruising at 70-75mph with the odd sprint above
that). Around town it's less frugal and averages about 18-20. If I'm
feeling enthusiastic I can get it down to 14, or so, maybe less if very
enthusiastic :-)

--
Regards

Steve G