auto-locking doors

Old August 20th 06, 12:30 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
hggt

Default auto-locking doors

I have an E90 and have just had it serviced. During the service they
reprogrammed the computer and now my doors lock automatically when I drive
away. This is a little annoying for me, because now I have to yank on the
door handle 2 time to exit the car, once to unlock and once to open. I know
that this feature can be disabled but I con't see it anywhere in the manual.
Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks in advance,

HGGT

Old August 20th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Tom K.

"hggt" > wrote in message
>I have an E90 and have just had it serviced. During the service they
>reprogrammed the computer and now my doors lock automatically when I drive
>away. This is a little annoying for me, because now I have to yank on the
>door handle 2 time to exit the car, once to unlock and once to open. I know
>that this feature can be disabled but I con't see it anywhere in the
>manual. Can anyone here help me out?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> HGGT

Not sure about the E90, but on the E46, you'd either have to have the dealer
reprogram it or live with it. Since you didn't request that auto-locking be
enabled, one would think the dealer is now obligated to fix it at no charge.

Tom K.

Old August 20th 06, 01:36 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

Old August 20th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

You can program this feature yourself. Just read Owner's Manual.
Programing is from turn signal lever, quite easy. You may also program
other things yourself from there.

Automatic lock serves as the car jacking prevent feature - when you
exiting, other doors will remail locked so no one can jump in from
passenger site of the car. Just like when you unlock with remote - only
driver's door will unlock first (this you can reprogram yourself too).

OR

Old August 20th 06, 02:01 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

If the dealer activated it, then ask them to deactivate it. And, ask them to
show you how it is done.

Give a man a fish, and he is hungry again tomorrow, but teach a man to fish
and he can feed his family for life.

Old August 20th 06, 02:24 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E Brown

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:48:46 -0400, "Tom K."
> wrote:

>Not sure about the E90, but on the E46, you'd either have to have the dealer
>reprogram it or live with it. Since you didn't request that auto-locking be
>enabled, one would think the dealer is now obligated to fix it at no charge.

The E90 lets you program all that stuff yourself; wish we could
flash the E46s to do that!
The OP should consult his owner's manual; more than likely the
dealership changed some setting and reverted the programming to the
defaults before returning the car.
epbrown
--
"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

Replace Manual Trans w/ Auto Dean Jeep 2 December 1st 04 07:51 AM
Oval door locking problem ningi VW air cooled 4 October 18th 04 11:07 PM
Central locking system randomly locks and unlocks doors - 1999 A4 Audi 1970 Suzuki TS250 Audi 1 July 31st 04 07:20 AM
Auto Shipper Beware Steve Sears Antique cars 0 May 28th 04 05:58 PM