German politicians want to ban smoking in cars

Old May 5th 05, 02:50 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Wed, 04 May 2005 17:26:16 -0700, L Sternn > wrote:

>>> I don't smoke, but on occasion I have ridden in a vehicle where the
>>> driver was a smoker. Smokers do stupid **** like fish for their
>>> cigarette pack that they keep on top of the dash,

>And really, how dangerous is reaching for something?

How dangerous is dialing your cell phone?

How dangerous is it to drop the burning end of a cigarette in your
lap, or onto your cloth upholstery? The smoker-driver I mentioned
earlier had at least one obvious burn mark on the driver's seat of his
truck.

Old May 5th 05, 03:04 AM
L Sternn

On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:50:29 -0500, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>>And really, how dangerous is reaching for something?

>How dangerous is dialing your cell phone?

Not very.

>How dangerous is it to drop the burning end of a cigarette in your
>lap, or onto your cloth upholstery?

For me, that doesn't happen. I smoke these new-fangled cigarettes
that don't create ashes. (Seriously).

I didn't always smoke these though, so I'd have to say that it is
slightly dangerous if that happens., but you have to set your
priorities. It's not worth saving your seat from a burn if you total
your car.

Pull over and then take care of it.

>The smoker-driver I mentioned
>earlier had at least one obvious burn mark on the driver's seat of his
>truck.

Good. Then he won't worry about the seat being ruined the next time
it happens.
Old May 5th 05, 05:18 AM
The Real Bev

Matthew Russotto wrote:

> The Real Bev > wrote:
>
> >So are a lot of people, including at least one ophthalmologist of my
> >acquaintance. However, the lenses can't get lost and unless you're really a
> >klutz you never touch your eyeball with anything that isn't soft and wet, so
> >such fear is clearly irrational (which, of course, makes it no less real).

> I've lost contact lenses, had them fall right out of my eyes. I
> assume you mean they can't actually roll up behind your eyeball.

Yes, sorry. When I was trying RGPs the ones that worked the best vision-wise
fell out easily. I've never had a soft lens fall out.

> ObDriving: I once lost both and had to drive home with uncorrected
> vision. Still not as dangerous as driving with Aunt Judy, I bet.

What made you think that those lenses fit?

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 5th 05, 03:58 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
The Real Bev > wrote:
>Matthew Russotto wrote:
>>
>> The Real Bev > wrote:
>>
>> >So are a lot of people, including at least one ophthalmologist of my
>> >acquaintance. However, the lenses can't get lost and unless you're really a
>> >klutz you never touch your eyeball with anything that isn't soft and wet, so
>> >such fear is clearly irrational (which, of course, makes it no less real).

>> I've lost contact lenses, had them fall right out of my eyes. I
>> assume you mean they can't actually roll up behind your eyeball.

>Yes, sorry. When I was trying RGPs the ones that worked the best vision-wise
>fell out easily. I've never had a soft lens fall out.
>
>> ObDriving: I once lost both and had to drive home with uncorrected
>> vision. Still not as dangerous as driving with Aunt Judy, I bet.

>What made you think that those lenses fit?

The optometrist seems to think so. And I've tried other lenses with
other curvatures. Basically it's an allergy issue -- if my eyes tear
up enough, it'll wash out just about any lens.
result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old May 6th 05, 02:35 AM

Driving isn't dangerous in the least, if you know what you're doing.

Which explains why you want such retardedly low speed limits, as you're
a clueless ****.

Old May 6th 05, 02:58 AM

When I was using a cell phone, I merely hit the "talk" button and
enjoyed the safety and convienence of my headset. :-D

Old May 6th 05, 02:59 AM

You could drive home blind folded, and still driver safer than Aunt
Judy.

Old May 6th 05, 06:08 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Larry Bud wrote:
> > Absolutely - and those activities should be banned too. Same with
> > radios. Driving is super-dangerous to you and the other drivers and
> > making it "fun" is just insanity.

> No, jumping out of airplanes without a parachute is super-dangerous.
>
> Driving is just driving.

Simple driving is not the issue. Were talking about idiots driving
while holding a burning stick in their hand.

Old May 6th 05, 06:13 PM

The Real Bev wrote:

> When the kids were tiny I could mix up a bottle containing water and

nonfat
> dry milk (and occasional Ovaltine powder) while driving. And

smoking. I
> guess some guys just aren't good at multi-tasking.

Now i've heard everything. And i bet you're one of these psychopaths
who drives drunk too cause "I can handle it."

Old May 6th 05, 08:19 PM
K Smythe

On 6 May 2005 10:08:56 -0700, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>Larry Bud wrote:
>> > Absolutely - and those activities should be banned too. Same with
>> > radios. Driving is super-dangerous to you and the other drivers and
>> > making it "fun" is just insanity.

>> No, jumping out of airplanes without a parachute is super-dangerous.
>>
>> Driving is just driving.

>Simple driving is not the issue. Were talking about idiots driving
>while holding a burning stick in their hand.

So?

You drive with a hatred of nearly every other driver on the road in
your head.

I'll take a cigarette over that anyday.