I'm Sadly Disappointed

Old August 30th 06, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default I'm Sadly Disappointed

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>I'm in the right lane of three (in my direction). In the left lane, a
>carlength or so ahead, is a city cop. I'm moving along at 50 MPH (the
>posted limit) when Jackass in a previous generation Acura TL pulls out
>into my lane direcly in front of me, forcing me to brake sharply. Cop
>does NOTHING.
>
>PFFT!!

That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
it would be tough to win in court.

Old August 30th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
Larry Bud

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>
> >I'm in the right lane of three (in my direction). In the left lane, a
> >carlength or so ahead, is a city cop. I'm moving along at 50 MPH (the
> >posted limit) when Jackass in a previous generation Acura TL pulls out
> >into my lane direcly in front of me, forcing me to brake sharply. Cop
> >does NOTHING.
> >
> >PFFT!!

> That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
> it would be tough to win in court.

Cops make judgement calls all the time, and there are plenty of traffic
laws which are judgement only instead of an objective measure.
Impediing traffic, improper lane usage, improper turn, following too
close... But I wouldn't expect your 2 brain cells to be able to wrap
around such a thing.

Old August 30th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
Jason Pawloski

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>
> >I'm in the right lane of three (in my direction). In the left lane, a
> >carlength or so ahead, is a city cop. I'm moving along at 50 MPH (the
> >posted limit) when Jackass in a previous generation Acura TL pulls out
> >into my lane direcly in front of me, forcing me to brake sharply. Cop
> >does NOTHING.
> >
> >PFFT!!

> That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
> it would be tough to win in court.

Its a good thing he didn't honk, otherwise he probably would have
gotten a ticket for misuse or excessive use of the horn.

Jason

Old August 30th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 30 Aug 2006 07:24:47 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I'm in the right lane of three (in my direction). In the left lane, a
>> >carlength or so ahead, is a city cop. I'm moving along at 50 MPH (the
>> >posted limit) when Jackass in a previous generation Acura TL pulls out
>> >into my lane direcly in front of me, forcing me to brake sharply. Cop
>> >does NOTHING.
>> >
>> >PFFT!!

>> That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
>> it would be tough to win in court.

>Cops make judgement calls all the time, and there are plenty of traffic
>laws which are judgement only instead of an objective measure.
>Impediing traffic, improper lane usage, improper turn, following too
>close...

And how often do the cops cite anyone for those things? Very seldom
unless there is a crash. THINK

Old August 30th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
Larry Bud

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2006 07:24:47 -0700, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán

> >> That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
> >> it would be tough to win in court.

> >Cops make judgement calls all the time, and there are plenty of traffic
> >laws which are judgement only instead of an objective measure.
> >Impediing traffic, improper lane usage, improper turn, following too
> >close...

> And how often do the cops cite anyone for those things?

I'm not a cop, I have no idea. The frequency of their tickets doesn't
mean they don't have the power to write one.

Don't you believe in upholding the laws, you criminal coddler?

Old August 31st 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On 30 Aug 2006 08:28:20 -0700, "Jason Pawloski" >
wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I'm in the right lane of three (in my direction). In the left lane, a
>> >carlength or so ahead, is a city cop. I'm moving along at 50 MPH (the
>> >posted limit) when Jackass in a previous generation Acura TL pulls out
>> >into my lane direcly in front of me, forcing me to brake sharply. Cop
>> >does NOTHING.
>> >
>> >PFFT!!

>> That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
>> it would be tough to win in court.

>Its a good thing he didn't honk, otherwise he probably would have
>gotten a ticket for misuse or excessive use of the horn.
>
>Jason

Cops don't do that. I use the horn all the time on bad drivers and
cops never pull me over for it.
Old September 2nd 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2006 08:28:20 -0700, "Jason Pawloski" >
> wrote:
>

> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> >> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:40:49 -0700, Scott en Aztlán

> >> That's infuriating but what can the cop do? It's a judgement call and
> >> it would be tough to win in court.

> >Its a good thing he didn't honk, otherwise he probably would have
> >gotten a ticket for misuse or excessive use of the horn.
> >
> >Jason

> Cops don't do that. I use the horn all the time on bad drivers and
> cops never pull me over for it.

Patent nonsense. They'll throw a ticket at you for a little toot.

Old September 2nd 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,alt.true-crime
GK

wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>
>>On 30 Aug 2006 08:28:20 -0700, "Jason Pawloski" >
>>wrote:

>>>Its a good thing he didn't honk, otherwise he probably would have
>>>gotten a ticket for misuse or excessive use of the horn.
>>>
>>>Jason

>>Cops don't do that. I use the horn all the time on bad drivers and
>>cops never pull me over for it.

> Patent nonsense. They'll throw a ticket at you for a little toot.

Why expect cops to do anything? Cops have no business in anything road
related other than there own transit.

Enforcement of traffic priviledges is up to the individual driver. All
cops will do is try to extract revenue for the local town, not rectify
any problems. It's none of there business anyway.

GK