Reinstalling EA's F1Challenge

Old September 1st 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Default Reinstalling EA's F1Challenge

Hey gang,

Am looking at finally reinstalling F1 Challenge 99-02.
I built a new system a few months ago, and have been very busy, and slowly
adding some of my more
favorite sims back in.

Any particular updates I should look for ?

Thanks,

--
Don Burnette

Old September 2nd 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jeff Reid

> Any particular updates I should look for ?

Prototype C:

http://virtua-lm.com

Old September 2nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bill Worrel

You can get RH2004 and RH2005 F1 Seasons he

http://watcher.drivingitalia.net/

Also ETCC and WGTS he

http://www.racesimsrevolution.net/

Bill

Old September 2nd 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Thanks guys, I will check them out.

I am having fun with just the stock install so far, been running some Monza.
Has been a long time for me, it runs very well on this system.
Running with all graphics on high, with aa and af on 4x, getting very good
framerates.

Funny thing, I put aside my MS FF wheel, installed the Momo sofware - I have
the original red Momo, as I prefer the Momo for F1 racing. Dang lights kept
flickering on and off, couldn't get decent consistent acceleration, finally
the lights went out and I thought " Oh boy, bet it's fried". It had been
quite some time since I have used the Momo.

Looked down at the pedals, and evidently the power connector was loose, and
finally worked out. Pushed that sucker back in, and all is well!

The RH2004 and 2005 updates, are they just graphical or do the physics
change as well?

Anwyays, I am having some fun again, may have to purchase a more modern sim.

What's the better modern sim for F1, R-Factor?

Many thanks,

--
Don

newscednQCP0OtnCWTZnZ2dnUVZ_qSdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old September 2nd 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
David G Fisher

"Don Burnette" > wrote in message
> Thanks guys, I will check them out.
>
> I am having fun with just the stock install so far, been running some
> Monza. Has been a long time for me, it runs very well on this system.
> Running with all graphics on high, with aa and af on 4x, getting very good
> framerates.
>
> Funny thing, I put aside my MS FF wheel, installed the Momo sofware - I
> have the original red Momo, as I prefer the Momo for F1 racing. Dang
> lights kept flickering on and off, couldn't get decent consistent
> acceleration, finally the lights went out and I thought " Oh boy, bet it's
> fried". It had been quite some time since I have used the Momo.
>
> Looked down at the pedals, and evidently the power connector was loose,
> and finally worked out. Pushed that sucker back in, and all is well!
>
> The RH2004 and 2005 updates, are they just graphical or do the physics
> change as well?
>
> Anwyays, I am having some fun again, may have to purchase a more modern
> sim.
>
> What's the better modern sim for F1, R-Factor?
>
> Many thanks,
>

> --
> Don

rFactor and fantastic CTDP F1 2005.
http://rapidshare.de/files/29685618/...rburg.wmv.html

--
David G Fisher

Old September 5th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bill Worrel

RH 2004 and 2005 include excellent physics updates to go along with the
great visuals.

For offline racing, I prefer F1C, but on-line, rFactor is significantly
improved and arguably the best multiplayer available today.

Old September 5th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Sinclair

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:25:40 -0400, "Bill Worrel" >
wrote:

>RH 2004 and 2005 include excellent physics updates to go along with the
>great visuals.
>
>For offline racing, I prefer F1C, but on-line, rFactor is significantly
>improved and arguably the best multiplayer available today.
>
>Bill

I agree completely. It is a real shame that rFactor is so much worse
for offline play than F1C as almost everything else about it is so
good.

Bottom line is that talent files are completely broken in the latest
version of rFactor and ISI don't seem like they really care too much.
Basically means that all AI cars run lap times very close to one
another and none of the 15 different AI "adjustment" tweaks that you
can do have any bearing. Real shame...sticking with F1C until they
get it fixed, if they bother.
Old September 5th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

"Sinclair" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 19:25:40 -0400, "Bill Worrel" >
> wrote:
>
>>RH 2004 and 2005 include excellent physics updates to go along with the
>>great visuals.
>>
>>For offline racing, I prefer F1C, but on-line, rFactor is significantly
>>improved and arguably the best multiplayer available today.
>>
>>Bill

> I agree completely. It is a real shame that rFactor is so much worse
> for offline play than F1C as almost everything else about it is so
> good.
>
> Bottom line is that talent files are completely broken in the latest
> version of rFactor and ISI don't seem like they really care too much.
> Basically means that all AI cars run lap times very close to one
> another and none of the 15 different AI "adjustment" tweaks that you
> can do have any bearing. Real shame...sticking with F1C until they
> get it fixed, if they bother.

Thanks guys.
Perhaps I should just stick with F1 Challenge, as all I do anymore is
offline.
I am enjoying RH2005 very much.

I did not download RH2004 yet, since I got RH2005, is 2004 still worth
having?

Thanks,

--
Don Burnette