How often do I have to change oil?

Old July 31st 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

Default How often do I have to change oil?

2006 330xi

Oil change every 4k mils, or once a year?
I couldn't find a clear answer from owner's manual.

Thanks for any comments.

Old July 31st 06, 04:40 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

> wrote
> 2006 330xi
>
> Oil change every 4k mils, or once a year?
> I couldn't find a clear answer from owner's manual.

The manual is actually quite clear, as is the car. The car's
computer counts down - look at the message line in the
instrument panel - and tells you when. Once yearly or
about 15K miles.

Many people halve the 15K.

FloydR

Old July 31st 06, 05:00 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bfd[_1_]

"Floyd Rogers" > wrote in message
> > wrote
> > 2006 330xi
> >
> > Oil change every 4k mils, or once a year?
> > I couldn't find a clear answer from owner's manual.

> The manual is actually quite clear, as is the car. The car's
> computer counts down - look at the message line in the
> instrument panel - and tells you when. Once yearly or
> about 15K miles.
>
> Many people halve the 15K.

Agree, with synthetic oil, if you do alot of "city" driving, change oil
every 7.5K-8K; if alot of "freeway," then 10K-15K. Also, don't forget to
change the oil filter too!

Old July 31st 06, 01:37 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
[email protected]

Floyd Rogers wrote:
> > wrote
> > 2006 330xi
> >
> > Oil change every 4k mils, or once a year?
> > I couldn't find a clear answer from owner's manual.

> The manual is actually quite clear, as is the car. The car's
> computer counts down - look at the message line in the
> instrument panel - and tells you when. Once yearly or
> about 15K miles.
>
> Many people halve the 15K.
>
> FloydR

Thanks a lot, guys!

Old July 31st 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com>,
> wrote:
> Oil change every 4k mils, or once a year?
> I couldn't find a clear answer from owner's manual.

Change it when the service indictor tells you to - it is explained in the
handbook. The specified oil is expensive synthetic designed to have a long
life. Changing it earlier than when indicated is simply throwing away
money and will have no effect on the engine's life.

--
*Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old July 31st 06, 06:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
news[_1_]

in my 1998 the original oil wasnt synthetic.so i dont know about using the
manual.

for synthetic i change the oil filter when the green lights are gone.
then i wait till the next time the lights are out or once a year to change
the oil .
i use Mobil 1 0W40

"Branden Nelsen" > wrote in message
> Like everyone said, its about 15K according the manual. Myself I change

the

Old July 31st 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
John Carrier

"Branden Nelsen" > wrote in message
> Like everyone said, its about 15K according the manual. Myself I change
> the oil every 3-4K.
>
> -Branden

Overkill with synthetic.

R / John

Beetle Spark Plug Change Jonathan Morton VW water cooled 0 January 22nd 06 03:34 PM
Oil change signal. SBO Saturn 7 January 15th 06 05:44 PM
recommendations of oil change - Passat 1.8T Tobi VW water cooled 6 January 14th 06 01:42 AM
Oil change on 1996 Audi A6 - V6 2.6 litre engine (UK) Mark Audi 20 December 18th 05 03:28 PM
THIS ADD CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE jaman General 0 May 30th 04 07:05 PM