problems with shocks

Old April 24th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default problems with shocks

Today I took my TJ out for a ride around the neighborhood and to a friend's
house. Came out to see a puddle where the left driver's side shock was
leaking fluid. I'd been adjusting my pinion angle a while ago and at the
angle its at the shocks are squeezed into the bottom coil spring mount, on
the rear end.

So to keep the pinion angle could I possibly buy some somewhat "skinnier"
shocks and if I have to, mount them inverted? The shocks on now are the
really big and stiff ones from a Pro Comp 4 inch lift kit.

Does anyone know of any narrow shocks that would work on a 4 inch lift? I
need some.

Troy

Old April 24th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I use the Doesch Tech 3000s mounted upside down. They are not harsh like
your shocks, the ride is great. Some shocks will mount upside down and
some won't. You'll have to check individually on your shock of choice.

tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.