rattle on 96 GT when going over bumps

Old May 5th 05, 12:46 PM
dvsone Here

check your inner tie rod ends & sway bar links.
Jeff
87 coupe

http://community.webtv.net/orangespawn50/doc

Old May 5th 05, 08:09 PM
Scotter

Good idea!
I checked and both plates are solid/tight
I wish it had been that.
--
Scotter
96 GT vert

ink.net...

Old May 5th 05, 11:04 PM
SVTKate

DAMNIT!
Well, it was worth a shot.

Kate

"Scotter" > wrote in message
news | Good idea!
| I checked and both plates are solid/tight
| I wish it had been that.
| --
| Scotter
| 96 GT vert
|

| "SVTKate" > wrote in message
| ink.net...
| > Scott, I may be WAY off here, but just for ****s and giggles...
| > check your rear license plate.
| > Open your deck lid, and then slam it shut?
| >
| > Mine used to rattle when I had a certain type of frame on it, drove me
| > huts
| > trying to find the noise.
| >
| > Kate
| >

| > --
| > "I hear what you're saying, and I don't think you're dumb,
| > but that doesn't mean I like you."
| > The Ransom of Red Chief
| >

| > "Scotter" > wrote in message
| > | haha
| > | Seriously, the rattle has been going on for a couple months and my
| > plateau
| > | has been reached
| > |
| > | --
| > |
| > |
| > | "SVTKate" > wrote in message
| > | ink.net...

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Old May 6th 05, 05:22 AM
Richard

Nothing loose in the spare tire well? Rattles can originate.from many
places.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys
Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
High Stall Torque Converter
4:10 Gears
Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
FRPP M5400-A Suspension
Laser Red

news

Old May 6th 05, 04:40 PM

Rear swap bar cracked/broken? I understand these are notorious for
breaking right where they attach to the rear control arms. I had the
same thing on my 1997 Cobra last year, and it was a cracked rear sway
bar that finally broke. It started as rattle over bumps and got
progressively worse until the bar broke.

Old May 6th 05, 06:23 PM

There was no damn "rattle" for me. It plain 'ol broke... and then smacked
the ground on every bump.. and busted off completely before I even could
pull over. I went to a salvage yard & pulled one off a 1995 Mustang GT & the
problem has never come back.

-Mike

--
Melt away the Cellulite with Cellulean!
http://www.MeltAwayCellulite.com/

Old May 8th 05, 06:06 PM
JS

Mine was banging on the undercarriage on my '97 Cobra after it snapped. I
replaced it with an '83 GT's bar with 160k on the clock... still no
problems. Not as stiff, but it's not broken. ;-)

JS

Old May 20th 05, 02:39 PM
Cobra Boy

I had the same problem with my '97 cobra it was the brakes as mike said.
excobra boy

"Scotter" > wrote in message
> I'm hearing a rattle when I go over bumps... kind of like some suspension
> piece is loose.
> Seems to be coming from underneath the car.
> Cursory exam shows nothing loose.
> Any ideas how/what to check for?
> Thanks!
> --
> Scotter
> 96 GT Vert

E36 Rattle Help Please [email protected] BMW 3 April 15th 05 07:47 PM
Speed bumps Magnulus Driving 24 March 22nd 05 02:28 PM
Rattle in front right side of 1992 Toyota 4WD [email protected] 4x4 1 February 19th 05 10:43 PM
Clutch Fork release rattle Jérémie Bédard Ford Mustang 3 January 12th 05 01:57 AM
1.8SE engine rattle Mick Audi 1 December 5th 04 08:25 PM