Lemon Law???

Old March 1st 05, 07:35 PM
Erik D.

Default Lemon Law???

Anyone have any experience with the Lemon Law?? I threatened about it
today when I brought my car in and they looked scared and started
treating me really nice. Does it apply to used cars? I would be glad
to be rid of this car if I can get my money back for it? Do I have any
ground to stand on or what? Thanks if anyone can help!
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

Old March 1st 05, 07:40 PM

Yes, it applies to all cars.

http://autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon.html

State by state listing.... should help you out.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old March 1st 05, 10:02 PM
Chris Shea

the rules differ by state

what state are you in?

Old March 1st 05, 10:50 PM
SVTKate

I BOUGHT one once.
It was recalled because of the paint.

My first Mustang, 95 GT.
I won't go into the details again, but I should have let it sit there. The
car was cursed.

Kate

Old March 2nd 05, 02:40 AM
David M

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:40:35 +0000, memset rearranged some electrons to
form:

> Yes, it applies to all cars.

No, it doesn't. Perhaps you should read some of them.
For example, CA's law only applies to new vehicles.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled

Old March 2nd 05, 02:50 AM

Should have specified I was referring to my state.

-Mike

--

newsan.2005.03.02.01.40.25.949379@sled351...

Old March 2nd 05, 03:06 AM
David M

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 01:50:23 +0000, memset rearranged some electrons to
form:

> Should have specified I was referring to my state.

Assuming you are still in AR:

"This subchapter shall be known and may be cited
as the "Arkansas New Motor Vehicle Quality Assurance Act"

"(10) "Manufacturer" means:

(A) Any person who is engaged in the business of constructing or
assembling new motor vehicles or installing, on previously assembled
vehicle chassis, special bodies or equipment which, when installed, form
an integral part of the new motor vehicle;"

...etc...

Only applies to new cars.

--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled
T/S 53
sled351 Linux 2.4.18-14 has been up 8 days 23:20

Old March 2nd 05, 04:11 AM
WindsorFox[SS]

Erik D. wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with the Lemon Law?? I threatened about it
> today when I brought my car in and they looked scared and started
> treating me really nice. Does it apply to used cars? I would be glad
> to be rid of this car if I can get my money back for it? Do I have any
> ground to stand on or what? Thanks if anyone can help!
> Erik D.
> '94 white lightning
> '01 white GT

Refresh me about this car?? I'll say, the "lemon law" is for
used cars and arbitration is for new cars. I do know someone who took
a Baton Rouge Nissan dealer into arbitration, so I can get some good
info for you if you need it.

--
2.3Sleeper: "Anyone know how to disable the daytime
running lights on a 2001 Crown Vic or on a 2002 GMC?"

SVTKate: "A ball peen hammer?"
Old March 2nd 05, 04:16 AM

David,

He purchased a warranty. Should they ever decide to start denying this
warranty then he can call it a lemon & seek legal action. He isn't abusing
the car & causing it to have these problems, but rather the car is a ****-up
or they are screwing up on repairs they are doing.

-Mike

--

newsan.2005.03.02.02.06.55.790796@sled351...

Old March 2nd 05, 04:17 AM

Additionally:

IS THERE A LEMON LAW FOR USED CARS?

Yes - if you receive an express written warranty with the vehicle. An
express written warranty can be either a) the balance of a manufacturer's
warranty, b) a separate limited warranty given by the dealer, or c) an
extended warranty or service contract you purchase from the dealer at the
time you purchase the vehicle. If you have such a warranty, the substance of
the new car lemon laws apply.

http://law.freeadvice.com/general_pr...aw_used_car.ht

-Mike

Leased A Lemon? Richard Periut Audi 1 February 1st 05 04:15 AM
Leased A Lemon Audi A6? Richard Periut Audi 0 February 1st 05 03:59 AM
just living at a lemon near the ceiling is too dirty for Zack to hate it C. Johnson Technology 0 January 17th 05 02:02 PM
nowadays, go behave a lemon [email protected] General 0 January 14th 05 11:18 PM
when did Charlene reject the bucket in back of the raw lemon Dopey Confused Shithead General 0 January 14th 05 09:09 PM