Now You Can FORCE Them to Hang Up and Drive!

Old February 26th 05, 09:41 PM
Dave Head

Default Now You Can FORCE Them to Hang Up and Drive!

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:42:22 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
>drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they
>have a cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough
>to the intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a
>reflector and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...
>
>http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm
>
> Unsuspecting cellphone users may find themselves saying that more
>often now that cellphone jammers — illegal gizmos that interfere with
>signals and cut off reception — are selling like hotcakes on the
>streets of New York.
>
>"I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up
>with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

Fines for using one start at around $10,000. Something permanent like that
will be real easy to find.
Old February 27th 05, 12:00 AM
Nate Nagel

Dave Head wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:42:22 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>

>>I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
>>drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they
>>have a cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough
>>to the intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a
>>reflector and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...
>>
>>http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm
>>
>>Unsuspecting cellphone users may find themselves saying that more
>>often now that cellphone jammers — illegal gizmos that interfere with
>>signals and cut off reception — are selling like hotcakes on the
>>streets of New York.
>>
>>"I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up
>>with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

> Fines for using one start at around $10,000. Something permanent like that
> will be real easy to find.

I wanna get a 12V one and wire it to my horn.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old February 27th 05, 01:01 AM
Ulf

Nate Nagel wrote:
> Dave Head wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:42:22 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
>>> drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they
>>> have a cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough
>>> to the intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a
>>> reflector and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...
>>>
>>> http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm
>>>
>>> Unsuspecting cellphone users may find themselves saying that more
>>> often now that cellphone jammers — illegal gizmos that interfere with
>>> signals and cut off reception — are selling like hotcakes on the
>>> streets of New York.
>>>
>>> "I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up
>>> with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

>> Fines for using one start at around $10,000. Something permanent like
>> that
>> will be real easy to find.

> I wanna get a 12V one and wire it to my horn.

Great idea! Or just have one in the glove box to aim at other drivers...

> nate

Ulf
Old February 27th 05, 06:54 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 2/26/2005 5:01 PM, Ulf wrote:

> Nate Nagel wrote:
>
>> I wanna get a 12V one and wire it to my horn.

> Great idea! Or just have one in the glove box to aim at other drivers...

"New, from the makers of TV-B-Gone!"

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old February 27th 05, 08:32 AM
Bob Lutz

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:42:22 -0800, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
> drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they have a
> cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough to the
> intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a reflector
> and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...

It could tie into the POS at my restaurant. I could push a button on the
register, and drop their call.

Now if they'd just make a similar button that would shut down a diesel
engine,.... that'd be cool.

Nothing personal, diesel guys.

Old February 27th 05, 09:33 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
> drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they
> have a cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough
> to the intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a
> reflector and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...
>
> http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm
>
> Unsuspecting cellphone users may find themselves saying that more
> often now that cellphone jammers - illegal gizmos that interfere with
> signals and cut off reception - are selling like hotcakes on the
> streets of New York.
>
> "I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up
> with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

There are 2 problems with that jammer:

* It blocks all cell phone calls, including 911 calls. Anyone trying to
report a crime in progress (including a burglary or robbery in their own
home) would be thwarted. You don't want that, do you?

* People yakking on their cell phone drive into your dead zone and suddenly
their phone cuts out. You think they'll just hang up and forget about their
call? No--they'll take their eyes off the road to start fiddling with their
phone to see what happened. I doubt they'll pull over to check it out
either.

Old February 27th 05, 11:54 AM
Dave Head

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:33:35 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:

>"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
>> drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they
>> have a cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough
>> to the intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a
>> reflector and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...
>>
>> http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm
>>
>> Unsuspecting cellphone users may find themselves saying that more
>> often now that cellphone jammers - illegal gizmos that interfere with
>> signals and cut off reception - are selling like hotcakes on the
>> streets of New York.
>>
>> "I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up
>> with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

>There are 2 problems with that jammer:
>
>* It blocks all cell phone calls, including 911 calls. Anyone trying to
>report a crime in progress (including a burglary or robbery in their own
>home) would be thwarted. You don't want that, do you?

Almost no one even attempts to think about the unintended consequences.

>* People yakking on their cell phone drive into your dead zone and suddenly
>their phone cuts out. You think they'll just hang up and forget about their
>call? No--they'll take their eyes off the road to start fiddling with their
>phone to see what happened. I doubt they'll pull over to check it out
>either.

Almost no one even attempts to think about the unintended consequences.

Even the FCC has trouble with this concept - they managed to give cell phones
and 800 mhz emergency band radios the same general area of radio spectrum, so
that emergencies that happen near cell phone towers sometimes have a dead zone
where the 1st responder's radios don't work because of the high power
interference present from the cell phone towers operating on frequencies very
close to the 1st responder's radios.

Getting back to cell phone jammers, the problem with jammers of _any_ type is
that they are basically vandalism of the radio spectrum. The FCC absolutely
prohibits jammers of any kind for any reason in this country. Even governments
aren't permitted to use jammers - the state of New Jersey (where else? It
figures...) was nailed by the FCC about 20 years ago for setting up old police
radars in an unattended mode along highways simply to jam radar detectors. The
FCC forced them to cease and desist.

The FCC doesn't chase the cell jammers very hard at present because they are
rare. These things cost about $250 on the low side, and go up from there, so
not many people are all that committed to such a toy - there's lots more
satisfying ways to spend $250. But I think it is likely that if jammers get to
be a frequent problem, they will get enough complaints, and congressmen will
get enough complaints, that they will suddenly begin a masive enforcement
program. That's when you'll get the $10,000 fines flying around. You won't be
wanting to be found with a jammer of any kind in your possession then.

Dave Head
Old February 27th 05, 06:27 PM
Dave Head

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:43:48 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:33:35 GMT, "Skip Elliott Bowman"
> wrote:
>
>Maybe the first time, and maybe even the second, but eventually
>they'll figure out that there is a dead zone there and either avoid it
>or avoid making phone calls until they are through it.

Eventually there'll be a 2-way radio tech on a call that notices it, sets up
his service monitor to check out the area, and pinpoint then problem. Then
he'll drop a dime and play birddog for the FCC who will then show up in your
driveway with a whole vanfull of electronic measuring equipment, and a search
warrant.

Dave Head
Old February 27th 05, 06:38 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Garth Almgren wrote:

> "New, from the makers of TV-B-Gone!"

I *love* my TV-B-Gone. Used it to douse Oprah the other day in the waiting
room at the eye doctor's office. It was fun; I'd click off the TV, the
receptionist would eventually notice it was off and turn it back on. I'd
click it back off. Really messed with her head. Eventually she decided
there was something the matter with the TV and left it off. Mission
accomplished.
Old February 27th 05, 07:14 PM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> I just might have to buy one of these to thwart the stupid bimbos who
> drive right through that yeild sign in my neighborhood because they
> have a cell phone plastered up to their ear. My house is close enough
> to the intersection that I could set up a directional antenna with a
> reflector and make that entire intersection a cellular dead zone...
>
> http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/40168.htm
>
> Unsuspecting cellphone users may find themselves saying that more
> often now that cellphone jammers - illegal gizmos that interfere

with
> signals and cut off reception - are selling like hotcakes on the
> streets of New York.
>
> "I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up
> with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

I've heard about these but they're pretty damn expensive. Best
solution is to throw cell phone drivers in prison.