Had tranny fluid changed, now I have a leak (2001 PT Cruiser)

Old November 4th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer[_2_]

Default Had tranny fluid changed, now I have a leak (2001 PT Cruiser)

About 3 months, 1600 miles ago I had the fluid in my transmission
changed. Now I notice fluid under the car where parked.
Here's what the invoice states:
Tranny R/R TRANNY PAN, CHANGE FLUID AND FILTER KIT.
Tranny Filters, TRANSMISSION FILTER KIT.

I'm taking it back to have the garage check the leak. From the above,
what should I expect to not pay for to have the leak repaired?
In other words, what did they do that now could be leaking??
Old November 5th 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KirkM

On Nov 4, 9:42*am, "Pete E. Kruzer" > wrote:
> About 3 months, 1600 miles ago I had the fluid in my transmission
> changed. Now I notice fluid under the car where parked.
> Here's what the invoice states:
> Tranny R/R TRANNY PAN, CHANGE FLUID AND FILTER KIT.
> Tranny Filters, TRANSMISSION FILTER KIT.
>
> I'm taking it back to have the garage check the leak. From the above,
> what should I expect to not pay for to have the leak repaired?
> In other words, what did they do that now could be leaking??

If they just did the regular change, the only place that it should be
leaking is at the pan. That should be easy to tell by looking at the
transmission pan.

I am not sure if the PT's used an a external cooler. My 1998 Status
has one that sits in front of the radiator. It started leaking after
10 years. It was $340 just for the new cooler.

KM
Old November 6th 10, 01:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Pete E. Kruzer[_2_]

Turns out it was coolant. Water pump needs to be replaced. While it's
torn apart, may as well replace the timing belt. Motor mounts are bad,
should be replaced.
Needs two tires. Nope, I'm not putting another cent into the worst car
I ever owned. And a close second was an '87 Plymouth Voyager.