How long will Chrysler do the "Bendix 10ABS" recall?

Old October 11th 10, 08:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
sctvguy1[_2_]

Default How long will Chrysler do the "Bendix 10ABS" recall?

My beautiful 1991 New Yorker 5th Avenue is starting to show the symptoms of
the infamous Bendix 10 ABS problem. It only has 80K miles and had the
recall done back in 1996 and again in March of this year! I know that two
items are supposed to be for life, but will Chrysler continue to fix these
things? I am looking for someone to convert it over to a regular power
booser/master cylinder system without ABS. Mechanics here are very touchy
about doing such a modification on the brake system, even if they know it
would be better.
Old October 12th 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
KirkM

On Oct 11, 1:14*pm, sctvguy1 > wrote:
> My beautiful 1991 New Yorker 5th Avenue is starting to show the symptoms of
> the infamous Bendix 10 ABS problem. *It only has 80K miles and had the
> recall done back in 1996 and again in March of this year! *I know that two
> items are supposed to be for life, but will Chrysler continue to fix these
> things? *I am looking for someone to convert it over to a regular power
> booser/master cylinder system without ABS. *Mechanics here are very touchy
> about doing such a modification on the brake system, even if they know it
> would be better.

I found an old post in this NG that says the part are warranted for a
*lifetime.*

I would guess that means for the owner's lifetime.

KM