High Test Gas

Old April 16th 05, 06:41 PM
Norman D

Default High Test Gas

I'm considering buying a 2005 Miata LS. Is it true that I will need to use
premium gasoline?

Old April 16th 05, 07:06 PM
Norman D

Obviously I'm a Miata novice. Here's another question for you guys that I
don't think I'll get a straight answer from a dealer on. I've just GOT to
have mp3 in this car. The LS radio is described as a Bose AM-FM-CD
6-speaker 225 watt setup, a step above the standard Miata radio, but does it
have mp3 or will I have to shell out big bucks for that?

"Alley" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > I'm considering buying a 2005 Miata LS. Is it true that I will need to

use
> > premium gasoline?
> >

> What?... and pay a whole $3.00 more for a tank of gas, providing, of
> course, that you start with an empty tank and the tank size is 15
> gallons? Preposterous! Buy the damn car and put Premium in it.
> If you can afford a Miata, you can afford paying $3.00, + or -, a
> tankful a week more.
>
> ---------
>
> Excerpt from a Miata? forum:
>
> > I know this may be a dumb question, but I don't know exactly what the

gas

Old April 16th 05, 09:56 PM
XS11E

Norman D wrote in:

> I've just GOT to have mp3 in this car.

No, you don't. Turn off the radio and enjoy the ride, you'll be
surprised how sweet is the music of the Miata!

Old April 16th 05, 10:39 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-04-16, XS11E > wrote:
> Norman D wrote in:
>
>> I've just GOT to have mp3 in this car.

> No, you don't. Turn off the radio and enjoy the ride, you'll be
> surprised how sweet is the music of the Miata!

Don't pay any attention to XS11E. He doesn't even post under
his real name -- unless XS11E _is_ is real name, in which case
you really shouldn't pay attention to him.

I put a Kenwood 10MB MP3 player in my 2003 and I love it. I've
got about 90 CDs ripped and available in the car. I don't think
I've had a physical CD in the car's player in over a year now.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! NOW do I get to blow
at out the CANLDES??
Old April 16th 05, 10:45 PM
XS11E

Grant Edwards wrote in:

> Don't pay any attention to XS11E. He doesn't even post under
> his real name

Of course not. Using a real name or real email address on usenet is a
very bad idea, spammers harvest email addresses and use the harvested
addresses to send their spam.

Old April 16th 05, 11:07 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-04-16, XS11E > wrote:
> Grant Edwards wrote in:
>
>> Don't pay any attention to XS11E. He doesn't even post under
>> his real name

> Of course not. Using a real name or real email address on
> usenet is a very bad idea, spammers harvest email addresses
> and use the harvested addresses to send their spam.

I don't see how that makes using a real name a problem.
E-mail sent to "Grant Edwards" doesnt' get anywhere.

Personally, I think using a real e-mail address is a good idea
as well, but if you run virus-vectors for OS and e-mail client
or don't have decent spam filtering I can see that hiding your
e-mail address might be required.

Perhaps I'm just being old-school, but I tend to assume that
people who post to Usenet under "screen names" are kooks,
trolls, or trouble-makers.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! Hello. I know
at the divorce rate among
Old April 16th 05, 11:27 PM
Generic

"Grant Edwards" > wrote in message
> On 2005-04-16, XS11E > wrote:
> > Grant Edwards wrote in:
> >
> >> Don't pay any attention to XS11E. He doesn't even post under
> >> his real name

> > Of course not. Using a real name or real email address on
> > usenet is a very bad idea, spammers harvest email addresses
> > and use the harvested addresses to send their spam.

> I don't see how that makes using a real name a problem.
> E-mail sent to "Grant Edwards" doesnt' get anywhere.
>
> Personally, I think using a real e-mail address is a good idea
> as well, but if you run virus-vectors for OS and e-mail client
> or don't have decent spam filtering I can see that hiding your
> e-mail address might be required.
>
> Perhaps I'm just being old-school, but I tend to assume that
> people who post to Usenet under "screen names" are kooks,
> trolls, or trouble-makers.

I used to post under an account with my real name, but wondered how much it
affected spam. I set up my current account exclusively for Usenet and public
forums. It gets between 3 and 10 spam messages per day and is NEVER used for
anything else. Case closed. You can contact me through that account, but I'm
not give spammers and potential identity thieves an edge. I visit another
group (alt.vacation.las-vegas) where there are several highly eccentric
regulars (who are entertaining)...they have been known to visit users'
houses, file lawsuits, cause trouble and truly feud!

If you are really old school (I started using the internet in 1991) you'll
remember that it was fairly transparent community and virtually anyone could
be identified. 'Anonymous' accounts had to be sought out because most
everyone had a university, research org or government ID. The newsreaders
had big bold warnings why you posted a message, stating that bosses, family,
etc. may read this years in the future. People did in fact get fired and did
have stalkers to deal with due to Usenet.

-John

Old April 16th 05, 11:56 PM
Norman D

Okay boys, stop fighting or I'll take away your keyboards. We've gone from
a discussion about the Miata to a sissy fight over screen names. Now back
to the Miata.